Model Cars Magazine Forum

Modelhaus '56 Pontiac Sedan Delivery

SteveG

..... Well I finally managed to get a break in the action from Lindberg to finish this. It made it's debut appearance at the NNL East but I didn't get a chance to photo it until this past week. It's a Modelhaus '56 Pontiac Pathfinder Sedan Delivery, the 1:1 was only available Canada and they are pretty rare. It had been sitting in primer for about a year waiting for me to paint it.

Picture010-vi.jpg

On the interior I added both a shift and turn signal lever to the column but that was it. Here it is right before the final assembly ...

Picture4-vi.jpg

I still may add a set of license plates but I'm calling it finished for now. The colors are '56 Pontiac Vista Blue upper and Chesapeake Blue Metalic lower custom mixed in PPG lacquer by my good buddy Bill Borgen.

Picture13-vi.jpg

Picture16-vi.jpg

Picture17-vi.jpg

I used the Johan photo etched script on the hood, as well as the door locks. I added the deluxe two tone trim moulding to the upper door as it was available even on the base 2dr wagon. I also added a pair of mirrors and some clear headlamp lenses, otherwise this all from the Modelhaus kit.

It was a fun project to finish, nothing beats a simple curbside kit to recharge the batteries. Thanks for looking...

- Steve

Guest Gramps-xrds

This sure makes me wish I could afford some resins. Great color choice. I'm a big pontiac fan anyway

Always look forward to viewing your builds Steve, and just like the others...this one is impressive. (and one which just like the 1.1 vehicle, isn't seen too often.) Combining "Modelhaus" quality and your skills equals a great "WOW" factor every time! Thanks for posting and sharing this with us. :angry: Fury3