Model Cars Magazine Forum

Buffalo - Pitts Steam Roller

This is another one of my toy conversions. The roller was made by Reliable Toys Toronto in the 1960's. I found this one at the Milton Steam show and it followed me home. It is made of polyethylene or polypropylene so it is kind of rubbery and hard to glue. These are the before pics

The float head mill is a 1/25th scale model and is there for scale reference only.

It looks very much like a Buffalo -Springfield or an earlier Buffalo - Pitts roller

I stripped the toy down painted it up and added some details like steering and flywheels and flyballs. The driver was molded into the toy so I just painted him a bit.
These are the after pics

It makes for a decent yard model. From a yard away it looks OK. Up close not so much. It was another change of pace model. Its probably time I got into something a bit more main stream.
Thanks for looking
Carl

A bit off the beaten path (NICE trip away however) NICE work! Ya brought that Steam Roller right to life ya did! NICE job!

I have to agree with Mark "Disabled Modeler" I too would LOVE to see more construction equipment in 1/25th scale a CAT 336 would be AWESOME! And maybe a CAT D-8 Triangle Track model? Maybe even some paver machines too!? OK I'll shut up now! LOL

A bit off the beaten path (NICE trip away however) NICE work! Ya brought that Steam Roller right to life ya did! NICE job!

I have to agree with Mark "Disabled Modeler" I too would LOVE to see more construction equipment in 1/25th scale a CAT 336 would be AWESOME! And maybe a CAT D-8 Triangle Track model? Maybe even some paver machines too!? OK I'll shut up now! LOL

Id love to see a 1/25th scale old school track crane with a grapple claw kit.

Thanks for the kind words guys. I too am always on the lookout for 1/24-1/25 scale construction models. I've managed to snag several diecast dozers and loaders. But kits are few and far between. Maybe the release of the Heller Ferguson tractor kit will encourage companies to produce more industrial type models

Carl