Model Cars Magazine Forum

Street Roadster

James2

Nope!

The tank is good, just hanging on the stock headlight bar is not so good.

My opinion, the bar has to go.

Better mount the tank lower, towards the frame rails.

Seems to me also, the headlights are too large for your application.

I really like the theme here, I have a similar build in mind as well.

The nice thing is making what ever size needed and I hope to add some kind of lower support brackets. The lights are  smaller diameter than the kit lights and going back to the pic of the black roadster you can see tha tank hanging on the light bar.  Thanks

Edited by James2
Moinfo

Scratch made some suitable headers yesterday. Not the best collector but I did not glue them yet, I think with some smaller tubing I could make them better.

IMG_4314.jpg

IMG_4315.jpg

It's tough to make a collector that encloses all four tubes and does not look clunky.

What I do is force a piece of drinking straw over the tubes, It's very thin and conforms to the creases between the pipes. If I heat the straw in boiling water it will slide right over the header tubes.
I used that technique on these headers:

DSC00157-vi.thumb.jpg.ee90bdf06e4451b05d

Edited by 6bblbird

The nice thing is making what ever size needed and I hope to add some kind of lower support brackets. The lights are  smaller diameter than the kit lights and going back to the pic of the black roadster you can see tha tank hanging on the light bar.  Thanks

Yes I saw the black car, the silver one too.  The headlights appear to be a lot smaller on the real cars, that's what annoyed me somewhat in your mock up.  Also on the black car, the bar appears to be smaller.  Maybe a real piece of metal wire instead of the thick plastic?

I don't mean to criticize, just you'd asked for an opinion.

I like the theme of the model for sure.

Yes I saw the black car, the silver one too.  The headlights appear to be a lot smaller on the real cars, that's what annoyed me somewhat in your mock up.  Also on the black car, the bar appears to be smaller.  Maybe a real piece of metal wire instead of the thick plastic?

I don't mean to criticize, just you'd asked for an opinion.

I like the theme of the model for sure.

Annoyed or not I'm not sure what your referring to but this is what I'm trying. This pic is in a previous post and I have since added some brackets for support  

IMG_4321.jpg

Annoyed or not I'm not sure what your referring to but this is what I'm trying. This pic is in a previous post and I have since added some brackets for support 

Well Rooster I've tried to convey my opinion, since you asked for an opinion on the headlight bar with the tank on it.  Sorry if my opinion doesn't seem to sit well with you.  Not to worry, it's all good, and I'll leave it be.  Good luck with your future build.

Well Rooster I've tried to convey my opinion, since you asked for an opinion on the headlight bar with the tank on it.  Sorry if my opinion doesn't seem to sit well with you.  Not to worry, it's all good, and I'll leave it be.  Good luck with your future build.

No problem at all, I simply sought clarification to the source of your annoyance. Whether it be the light bar or something else?

Rooster, my choice of wording was off.  Annoyance was not good, my fault for fogging things up.

What threw me off a bit was that it appeared the headlights and bar were out of scale, not your fault.  That's why I think in this case the tank would look better down on the frame rails.

The real cars shown, also the latest entry from Rick, all look good in my opinion.  All three cars are different too.  Just my preference would be to not have the tank hanging from the bar.

Sorry again for my lacking ability to come across properly.

No problems Michael, just trying to keep things on the up side. Thanks for your interest.

The intake is FRW split in half and reworked to fit the Ford engine. I also added the fuel rail from the Revell 29 kit and made a new locator for the distributor.

Here is the chassis and respective drive line parts, a real mix of kit bashing and scratch building. I'll be hoping for some warmer weather so I can attempt some spay painting.

Here is a picture of the front of the roadster. I'm building a version of this car. I'm stumped on the intake manifold. Which one do you use to modify?

ipad004 (51 of 1)-17.jpg

Looks very interesting Rick, would like to see the build! This is what I came up with for the intake. Crude by some standards but I feel it will do for this build...

• 1 month later...