Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cars for Kids...Thank you.

Hey Milt,

If you are so fired up to help worthy causes that you haven't verified, there is a dude named Brandon Brown in St. Paul Park, Mn that needs your help. :unsure: I'm sure that his cause is on the up and up since he is not asking for a handout. All he wants to do is sell some of his models cheap to help pay for his daughter's medical bills. She is in an unspecified hospital with an unspecified rare blood disease. Come on!! It's for the KIDS! I'm getting choked up just thinking about it. It's not fair that these kids have to go through this. Guys get behind me on this. It's a GREAT cause. Dig deep! Let's all show our support!! :angry:

Disclaimer: Please do a simple internet search on the above "worthy cause" scam and research on any other "worthy causes" you choose to support. And KINDLY refrain from attacking others* who may offer a word of caution to others about vague "worthy causes" that tug at your heartstrings "to help the kids".

* It's in the forum rules that you agreed to when you signed up. Link: http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?act=boardrules

You are right Ken. I did attack them for no real reason other than my own feelings about helping kids. I have already apologized to the two guys that I offended, and I assure you that it wont happen again, with or without forum rules. In fact I wont even bother posting again. Sure, I'll continue to read threads, pick up tips, and view models, but from here on out, I'll keep my thoughts to myself.

Rollin or Mademan posted something about this guy from what took place on the LayItLow.com forums.

Yeah, I read this post before I read the more recent ones. It looks like Milt has toned down his "enthusiasm". :unsure:

You are right Ken. I did attack them for no real reason other than my own feelings about helping kids. I have already apologized to the two guys that I offended, and I assure you that it wont happen again, with or without forum rules. In fact I wont even bother posting again. Sure, I'll continue to read threads, pick up tips, and view models, but from here on out, I'll keep my thoughts to myself.

Hey Milt, I missed some of the chapters of drama in between. I now see you apologized on the other thread. We're cool.

:unsure: Hey Milt,So maybe you made a mistake,But who hasn't? none of us are perfect.There's NO reason for you to leave.Youv'e appologized,it's been accepted, and alls well. Don't leave ,continue to add your opinions to the forum, you are an important member of the family and you would be missed,don't think your slight mistake is bad enough to ostracize your self.Just let by-gones be by-gones,Stick around and keep us company. :angry::rolleyes:

Come on guys. This shouldn't be that hard to figure out. If it is what it is said to be all he has to do is provide the hospital information. The hospital, news media, and other groups are always hungry for this kind of publicity and there shouldn't be any reason to keep it a big secrete. This kind of stuff happens all the time. The hospital is always published. If he cannot even provide basic information about the hospital, I’d say you all been had. Otherwise it's a huge opportunity for the modeling community.

My personal opinion is one of suspicion. I don’t know if I am right or wrong but that’s my gut feeling, which is usually yourbest indicator.

;) Ya know guys,Cal does have a point there.Maybe,Just maybe were not givin the benefit of the doubt.Marc is a member of this forum now, and he does read it,after all he did ask for some painting tips.Maybe he is legit, lets give him a chance.Yes by all means, Cal it would go a long way to help his credibilaty to let us know the name of the hospital. Or who to send it to,in care of.These are just logical questions that should be addressed.Marc, if you read this, help yourself and ALL of us out by letting us know just WHO were helping.I'd like to see this work, but youv'e got to give us a little more than faith to go on,some of us have been sorely tried! :D

OK guys,No better way to find out what's up than going straight to the source.I have been talkin to Carl and he seems to be straight up to me.But what do I know.Pm him yourselves and talk to him Some of you have already made up your minds, so don't waste your time ,But those of you's that think this is a good idea and a chance to lend a hand to some kids, Talk to him.I have And I think you should too.He seems to be on the up an up , and It might just help out some kids.Give him the benefit of the doubt.What could it hurt?Give it a shot,you never know.George53.

a scam???

so someone thinks what, that someone will get all of us to send him unneeded models for some kids and they will keep them instead of giving them to the kids and...then what?

sell them on ebay?

have you seen what the average built model sells for on ebay?

not to mention any and everyone here would call that one the second any one of the models showed up on the bay.

anyone with "scam" in mind is going to be out bilking little old ladies of their life savings or something, you know, PROFITABLE, with little chance of getting caught. and probably not giving out their mailing address.

scam...thats the funniest thing ive heard in a long time. c'mon people a little reality check would be good for you.

big up milt, you da man. and youre doing a good thing. i mean a little skepticism is healthy i guess but get real...scammers go where the money is, they dont get people to send them essentially worthless (monetarily that is) stuff to collect dust on their shelves. not typically anyway.

or maybe im missing something here?

got my flame suit on so gwan with ya bad self.

a scam???

so someone thinks what, that someone will get all of us to send him unneeded models for some kids and they will keep them instead of giving them to the kids and...then what?

sell them on ebay?

not to mention any and everyone here would call that one the second any one of the models showed up on the bay.

anyone with "scam" in mind is going to be out bilking little old ladies of their life savings or something, you know, PROFITABLE, with little chance of getting caught. and probably not giving out their mailing address.

scam...thats the funniest thing ive heard in a long time. c'mon people a little reality check would be good for you.

big up milt, you da man. and youre doing a good thing. i mean a little skepticism is healthy i guess but get real...scammers go where the money is, they dont get people to send them essentially worthless (monetarily that is) stuff to collect dust on their shelves. not typically anyway.

Agreed.

a scam???

sell them on ebay?

Hey Bill,

Thanks for the support. Hopefully, week after next, results will be seen.

As for models on eBay. You all know my skill level. If he were to try to sell mine on eBay, the customer would want them free and he would have to pay the shipping. :lol:

But, just maybe, a couple of kids will think that they are O.K.

• 2 weeks later...
any updates :lol:

:D Its kinda odd that this page went blank for 9 days now... wondering whats going on too. It sounds like a very wonderful thing to do though. If this is a scam, I think we could find a bunch of kids to do this for anyway.. How WONDERFUL would that be??? Having 2 boys myself, I would jump all over something like this and wanna help in anyway I possibly could. Most anyone that has kids must feel the same way. I mean, who wants kids to suffer and feel like they're not supported or loved, especially when they're in a hospital room with doctors and nurses prodding at them all day long.. Could you imagine going through that as a child?? It breaks my big heart to see kids in pain. If one of my boys are sick and miserable, I CANT STAND IT! It tears me apart on the inside out. I couldnt imagine having my kids in a hospital for weeks or months with a serious illness!! Every time I see little INNOCENT children sad and miserable in some white room in a big gloomy hospital it kills me!! I just wanna snatch 'em up and take 'em to a park or something that makes them feel like a kid and not a test subject!! I'll keep an eye on this post to see whats going. I dont have anything on hand, but if it checks out to be an honest deal I'll be going to my local hobby shop and picking up something for some very brave children!!

:D Well guys,When I was speakin to Carl (back when this thread 1st started)He was tellin me that Rachel was going to give them away at a picnic around Memorial Day.So we'll probably have to wait till then to see some pics.Just thought I'd let ya'll know. :D:D

:D Well guys,When I was speakin to Carl (back when this thread 1st started)He was tellin me that Rachel was going to give them away at a picnic around Memorial Day.So we'll probably have to wait till then to see some pics.Just thought I'd let ya'll know. :D;)

I spoke to Carl a week or so ago. He had received my two cars and told me that Rachel was going to give them away at a picnic. I suggested that posted photos of the kids and parents getting them would go a long way toward validation. He was going out of town that weekend and was leaving his camera with Rachel. Hopefully she got the photos and, with Carl, will figure out how to post them. Time will tell.

Rachel posted a photo of a boy getting one of my cars, and thanking me, (see thanks Milt on this forum). Another to be given out next week. She also requested no more cars be sent her way. Satisfied with the gold mine that she had received from me and glad to count her profit? I think not. Disappointed that some thought that her trying to cheer up some kids was considered a scam? You bet.

Disappointed that some thought that her trying to cheer up some kids was considered a scam? You bet.

It's quite disappointing that this happened the way it did. And I don't really think anyone is really at fault here. There are so many scam artists that plague the internet that it's made people ultra-wary and distrusting. It's made it hard to see though the distrust to see someone that's legitimate. A very unfortunate situation.

It felt so good that this was happening until it turned into a circus about scams. I understand what the sceptics felt, but I wish it wouldnt have went down like that. :) That just ruined it for everybody I think.. Maybe the next time someone asks for help everyone should talk about this in a more decent way and not throw accusations out there before they know whats fully going on. That goes both ways too. Its hard to trust anyone anymore. Some people will do anything to get something for nothing, including using children to do it. Just look at all the scams that popped up after 9/11 and hurricane Katrina. That just shows you how sick and twisted this world has become. Everyone should learn from this and remember to check things thoroughly before saying its scam or not. And do it in a descent way. I mean, this really was for the children and I just hope they dont know about anything that went on here before they got the gifts from all the wonderful people that gave without recieving. And to all the people who did give, you are a prime example that there are still whole-hearted good people left in this sick sick world.

Are they not taking anymore gifts?? I didnt see this post until last night and if they are i need to go get something tomorrow for one of the children.

Edited by abedooley