Model Cars Magazine Forum

'84 Oldsmobile Cutlass LSX442

echoxrayniner

I bought a LSX-442(454 inspired) and some body parts from Clearly Scale resin and figured I'd give the Revell '83 H/O Cutlass a bigger and slightly more sleeper brother. Really wanted to make a bog standard '85 Cutlass 442 but just couldn't find a decal set for the life of me, so ended up going with a '84 grille and the LSX-442 block to at least give it its 442 name. Still got a chin spoiler/airdam I'm considering putting on there so the nose sits slightly lower and I also ordered a bigger hood that actually shuts over the gargantuan engine but I haven't heard back from Jeremy at Clearly Scale since I ordered it so I guess this'll have to do D:

84oldsmobilelsx442-1.jpg

84oldsmobilelsx442-7.jpg

84oldsmobilelsx442-11.jpg

And a couple of shots with it's older brother;

84oldsmobilelsx442-18.jpg

84oldsmobilelsx442-14.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Looks a bit of a beast!

What happened to the paint on the rear end? Did you get some sort of chemical reaction?

Ran out of gloss black when I got to the tail end while painting it and used this really old tin I dug up, turns out the paint had gone chunky instead of flowy during drying. D:

I like it! Also nice to see the photo etched grills. Was hesitant about how they would look on a model but seeing them now makes me want to buy 2 or 3 of them.

Thanks! They're a tiny bit of an awkward fit all in all but once they fit, man I love how drastically it changes the style. Especially the later Cutlass grilles.

Very nice work!! Hey- don't be afraid of spraying paint- you can do it!! That is nice for a brush job though- better than I could do!! ( You do NOT have to have an airbrush for a good finish- I have one but do much better with a spray can!!!) Awesome wiring job on the engine too- I suck at that!! Always loved this body style...

Very nice work!! Hey- don't be afraid of spraying paint- you can do it!! That is nice for a brush job though- better than I could do!! ( You do NOT have to have an airbrush for a good finish- I have one but do much better with a spray can!!!) Awesome wiring job on the engine too- I suck at that!! Always loved this body style...

Definitely going with rattle-cans from now on! They just tend to be on the expensive side for me, being Dutch sucks cause man paid at least fifty bucks on shipping for just the PE and Clearly Scale parts. D: