Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1/24 MG TC (1945)

Graham

Latest project on the bench.  I actually bought this kit before I started building cars, it just appealed to me, must have been a couple of years ago.

Sorry it isn't the big flash classics that are so popular on here but I like it :)

Box is battered, the instructions are like an old newspaper from the loft and the kit is full of flash.

DSC_0153.jpg

IMG_0282.jpg

First job was to clean up, prime and paint the body shell and put it to one side to cure while I got on with the delightful chassis and engine. No Hot Rod is it ;)

]DSC_0157.jpg

Once the body was fully dried, I did a test fit on the chassis.

DSC_0158.jpg

Everything lines up well so I Clear Coated (Zero paints 2K) after adding the green HT leads using .4mm lead wire.

DSC_0159.jpg

Once dried enough I put the body loosely onto the chassis to see how it looked.

DSC_0160.jpg

I will now wait to let the clear coat fully harden before doing a full assembly and then it is on to the small details.

Edited by Graham

Thanks for the positive comments guys. Yep, apart from a couple of trucks and bikes before I tried cars it was all green or grey military.  The biggest lesson I have learned since retiring last June is patience and building what I like rather than following trends and chasing the latest kits.  Now I am happy to take on anything I fancy.  Weird thing is, I don't drive and don't have a car so know nothing about them lol.

No worries.

A bit of polishing compound on the paint would make it perfect ,if you don't mind me saying so.

this is something I have yet to try, this is just clear coated.  I need to set up a sacrificial piece to practice polishing before I try it on a build.  And no, I don't mind you saying this as I will not learn any other way :)