Model Cars Magazine Forum

I just finished this and am awaiting good sunlight for outdoor photos.

This will be featured in an upcoming TruckersCorner in Model Cars magazine.

The upcoming reissue of the AMT Mack R600 (Stevens International limited run) is another

welcomed reissue. I stretched the frame on this one, added resin wheels and sleeper box

from AITM and made the door signs on the computer - printing them on Bare Metal Foil decal

paper.

Additional photos are on my site at TimsTrucks.com

Mack_R_wrokbnch_52408.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Tim

Earth to the Mars Lunar...Mars lunar do you copy??

Late breaking news...YES, another fine Mack out of the Ahlborn camp..DID you say MACK...yes indeed..

Oh..Tim...just messing with you. Had to chime in on this one.

You did good on this one. Picking up my repop on the R-model tomorrow at the post office.

On changing out the dashboards...I did use the updated R-model on my DM600 mixer...it fit..BUT make note there will be some minor modifications needed to be made..first the pitch..and then for the heating unit...I do believe I have pictures posted elsewhere..Here is a link to my FOTKI album..to see this...I did use the older dashbaord outer rim..and married up the new dasboard..putty it in smooth...

http://public.fotki.com/turbo590/1985-86-mack-dm600-/

Again...another vintage build...love seeing them from you. Take care

Kurt McLucas

Yes! Buy one!

I'd say mid-late 70s. The kit originally came out in '75. It has the newer dash compared to the DM600 and 800. You could backdate the R600 with the dash from the DM600 and update the DM600 with the R's dash.

Tim

If back dating,or updating these macks change the back windows between the two also.

• 3 weeks later...