Model Cars Magazine Forum

Building a 69 roadrnnner

If I can make a suggestion.  Why not start with the real thing.  Johan made one and its not terribly difficult to find ( they're all over ebay )

The body of it is  far and away superior than anything AMT has ever done with this body style .

A nice unbuilt will set you back in the $50 - $60  range , give or take a few dollars either way ( patience is key to get it much cheaper than that though )  Ive seen some sell for more, but I wouldnt pay that for one ,  just keep an eye peeled for one and you WILL get one.

Decent builtups can be had for usually under $30 , maybe $40 tops.

Just in the past year Ive bought 2 and paid $50 for each. Both kits still factory sealed ( since been opened though ) Ive got several ( none for sale ) so my opinion may be jaded slightly.

I'll echo what Bill said! I just sold a pristine kit of Johan's '69 Road Runner on eBay for a little over $50. I didn't need it as I already have a built up, and what Bill said is exactly right. While they're getting scarce, they still turn up on eBay rather frequently but don't get into a bidding war over one as another one is sure to turn up.

Yeah, Round 2 will NEVER fix the body on the Road Runners that AMT originally did in the late '80's! It bugged me so much on how off they were that I did a thread on how to correct one here.