Model Cars Magazine Forum

'66 Mayfair Chevy Suburban Ambulance**Update 7/20/17

I got the kit from a friend, And I got the idea of making it into a Mayfair Ambulance. I'm planning on using tape between the outer doors and door panel's to hinge the doors from the body. I glued the hinges only to the body, and waited for the glue to dry. I then cut the hinges along the door seam's. I have painters tape holding the doors on to the body for the pictures.

DSC01833.JPG

DSC01834.JPG

DSC01836.JPG

Edited by ranma

Thanks,the very next album I looked at had a real answer I wanted which was what plastic kit you were using.I has not seen this anywhere but now I know what to look.(like I need another kit to stuff into a storage closet that is overflowing with great stuff I'll never live long enough to build!)

This is a unique concept but not at all unrealistic. I like the colors and the painted grille and hub caps.. and the panel behind the grille is even white like it should be.Lots of work opening those rear doors I'd bet - and the fit is good when they are closed. Nice work Rick.. Thank you for sharing.