Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 Beach City Corvette: On the bench 8/19/17

How and where do you store your completed models ? And no , I am not planning on stealing them ! :D

Ray, I know the answer to that question and the answer will blow you away. However, I won't steal Mr. Southside's thunder. It's actually more of a "whoosh / pop" than thunder.

If you change your mind about planning The Model Car Heist Of The Century, I've got about a 5 year head start on the planning. My recommendation? Don't use Minions. They tend to go off-script.

As always My Bro, you keep raising the bar. It's an honor to watch it happen.

Edited by Nytrozilla

Unbelievable, as always! Have you ever done a tutorial on painting and weathering tires? I'd love to find out what colors you use and how many layers of weathering you apply. Not sure how it's possible but your tires look more realistic than 1:1 tires. 

Hello John. I'm new to this forum. Your work is wonderful. You must have heard this many times. Many of us will never reach this level but I would like to say that your work is very inspiring.

Regards. :D

Edited by Joca

Unbelievable, as always! Have you ever done a tutorial on painting and weathering tires? I'd love to find out what colors you use and how many layers of weathering you apply. Not sure how it's possible but your tires look more realistic than 1:1 tires. 

Hi Mike.......yes,I have many times.......I use "Folk Art" Black and Dark Gray Acrylic paint that you can buy from Michael`s ........couple of layers of black and then maybe 5 to 6 light coats of the Dark Gray

John, this is absolutely fantastic!  The detail is great, the execution is wonderful, and the final product is nothing more than sensational.  Where did you get the scoop for this?  It would be perfect for a AA/GD I’m starting to gather parts for.

Hi Tim........I just modified the the Scoop that came with the Mark Johnson Resin engine kit.......thanks

Hello.........I finished the plumbing on the engine.......I used "Pro Tech" braided line and RB Motion A N fittings.....I painted the A N fittings Tamiya clear red and blue.......I made the Body guards and painted them Alclad and used RB Motion rod ends ..........I made a parachute lever and engine shut off lever.......I made a clutch pedal and painted it Alclad........I gave the engine and Body Guards a light weathering.......I also made a body prop.......I flared out the fenders on the body and finished the body work.....and got the body in primer......I will paint the body tomorrow......thanks for looking

DSCF4461_zpshxwevnkc.jpg

DSCF4463_zpshycpztfn.jpg

DSCF4473_zps1k9obowv.jpg

DSCF4475_zpsmatk4dw7.jpg

DSCF4467_zpshp9qdxtv.jpg

DSCF4472_zpsk0qwppyk.jpg

DSCF4466_zpscxhunwje.jpg

• Like 1

Hello......Thanks guys so very much for the kind comments.......I really do appreciate them:).......I got paint on the body, H.O.K. Orion Silver base coat with H.O.K. kandy Apple Red.......then I applyed  the custom decals that Gary at GWS Decals made for me .......I think they came out great,thanks Gary......I have one clear coat on the body......I will sand it down and give one more clear coat.......then I will Alclad Chrome the Bumpers.......I also finished the "Gary" Gabelich figure......I modified and combined the Revell figure and the Aurora figure that "Nitozilla" donated .......thank you "Zilla".......thanks for looking.

DSCF4505_zpsm2yqs1sv.jpg

DSCF4498_zpsijiqu2kv.jpg

DSCF4500_zpswcafcxrb.jpg

DSCF4499_zpsosed2xfg.jpg

DSCF4531_zpsfanioqmw.jpg

• Like 1