Model Cars Magazine Forum

The "Hippie Hemi"

Crizila

I believe that kit is the old Don Garlits' Wynn's Jammer, re-boxed and with a different body and decal set. I bought the kit too. I don't think the old Don Garlits kit is still being made, although I'd buy it if it is. I remember the original kit having a display base and data plate proclaiming it the first dragster to achieve 200mph. The rubber band blower belt, separate blower pulleys, and see-through oil pan are cool details as well.

I believe that kit is the old Don Garlits' Wynn's Jammer, re-boxed and with a different body and decal set. I bought the kit too. I don't think the old Don Garlits kit is still being made, although I'd buy it if it is. I remember the original kit having a display base and data plate proclaiming it the first dragster to achieve 200mph. The rubber band blower belt, separate blower pulleys, and see-through oil pan are cool details as well.

Yes it is the Wynnsjammer chassis. It still has the rubber blower belt, crankcase, clear oil pan, blower blades (although you can't see them when the blower is assembled). It's one of my all time favorite engines and kits, I have a stockpile of parts. You can still find the Wymmjammer at online auction sites for sale. The frame is showing it's age now, the mold seems to be pretty worn out...the kit has recently been reissued as the Top Fuel HemiSphere dragster, (AMT #38483) the clear parts now molded in white. The display base is still in the kit, obviously the Garlits decals are not... -RRR

IMG_2028[1].JPG

Hey, great build, Crizila.

Have one in my stash that I've started working on. First thing I did was cut open the windscreen to mount the kit included roll bar as you did. Don't think the tech crew would have let it run without one.  

Good looking replica.

Edited by magicmustang