Model Cars Magazine Forum

THE 70 Chevelle

FordGuy1984

I will be building this one as a highly modified Grand Tourer Rest-Mod featuring independent rear suspension, custom front suspension, a ProCharged LS3 with a custom engine bay and custom interior.

I started by filling all of the random unused holes on the chassis and cutting out the section of the trunk floor above the axle (seemed easier to cut that piece out and replace it rather than trying to cut out the control arms and fill the other random holes).

I found the independent rear suspension setup in the parts box, I think it came from a Supra kit. Still debating on the front suspension if I should go with a typical coil over setup or maybe the front end out of a Shelby Cobra.

So far with the body I have shaved all the marker lights, door handles and badging. 

I'm waiting to get the engine, intercooler and seats that I ordered from clearly scale before I get too wild modifying the front of the chassis and engine bay. 

Body 1

Chassis 2

Chassis 4

IRS 1

Out of curiosity, what kit are you using? ( I can't see any photos in your first post, though all others show fine)

I dig a good Chevelle built any way that's crafted right!

I purchased the AMT kit first at a local hobby store. Got it home, opened it up and threw it all back in the box after cutting the motor off the trees. Other than the motor that is pretty much a garbage kit. So then I ordered the Revell kit on eBay, it is the 'Donks' version which was fine with me since it included all the original parts from the 'Streetburner 3 n 1'

Not sure why the pics didn't load the first time, I'll try loading them again.

Also, I'm not gonna lie to you guys... I forgot that Gran Turismo Sport is being released in a few days so this will probably be a slow build considering I have been waiting almost two years for it! 

Body_1.thumb.jpg.c3b04a94ba1f2848d62b572Chassis_2.thumb.jpeg.d682a6fb5c702f5be30Chassis_4.thumb.jpeg.e65be731a433daa2898IRS_1.thumb.jpeg.050f97aab226990538ee391

Edited by FordGuy1984