Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lamborghini engines.

landman

This is the AMT Diablo engine, the same as which is in my model but with some details added.. It appears to be a very early version.

IMG_6465.jpg

DSC_0239.jpg

DSC_0240.jpg

DSC_0241.jpg

This is the air intake of the Revell, which appears to be a later version, maybe even a 6.0L. Can anyone verify that?

DSC_0242.jpg

Back when I attempted a Revell Diablo VT build I researched engine photos constantly of this subject. I have never actually seen the air intake represented in such a rough texture online or anywhere else. There is an air intake of that same design but the texture is smooth like a brushed aluminum. The way the kit portrays it is inaccurate in my opinion. The AMT actually looked pretty well designed. It seems perfectly presentable without a cover to me. If you really want one that’s accurate though you would need to borrow it from a Fujimi Diablo.

Back when I attempted a Revell Diablo VT build I researched engine photos constantly of this subject. I have never actually seen the air intake represented in such a rough texture online or anywhere else. There is an air intake of that same design but the texture is smooth like a brushed aluminum. The way the kit portrays it is inaccurate in my opinion. The AMT actually looked pretty well designed. It seems perfectly presentable without a cover to me. If you really want one that’s accurate though you would need to borrow it from a Fujimi Diablo.

Yes James, the Revell cover looks waay too pebbly. I suppose it could smoothed to look like this.

DSC_3640-L.jpg