Model Cars Magazine Forum

Neat Idea...............

Guest Davkin

Do chiropractor visits come with the Fiero chop top service? I'm sure I would need to visit a chiropractor after trying to drive one of those things!

David

;) Did ol Archie forget that they STOPPED making Fiero's OVER TWENTY years ago? Where would you find one to customize, much less find one to drive?It LOOKS pretty good, but those chassis aren't made ofthe same thickness/quality of steel as the older 50,60,s ol school customs were.Good Luck findin one to do it to. :lol:

:blink: Did ol Archie forget that they STOPPED making Fiero's OVER TWENTY years ago? Where would you find one to customize, much less find one to drive?It LOOKS pretty good, but those chassis aren't made ofthe same thickness/quality of steel as the older 50,60,s ol school customs were.Good Luck findin one to do it to. :angry:

It is not hard to find Fiero's to use as a donor car.... there's millions of these things out there!!! And all you gotta do is REINFORCE the frame! These cars are awesome!! A friend of mine had one with a 350 SBC and that thing was the devil!!!!! I loved it! Talk about stupid fast :rolleyes::rolleyes: . Imagine having a go-kart with a 4 cylinder honda motor strapped to it, taking hairpin curves at 40 and coming out of it at 95!!!!! ITS THE ULTIMATE WEIGHT TO POWER RATIO!!!! It doesn't get any better than that, especially since its AMERICAN!!

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE GM BRING THE FIERO BACK! CAN YOU IMAGINE WHAT IT WOULD LOOK LIKE AS A NEW SLEEK CONCEPT CAR?? Are there any models of this anywhere??????? Sounds like a GREAT project!!!

Edited by abedooley

:blink: Well Abe, they MUST BE OUT THERE, cuz sure as hell ain't none around HERE(DEEEtroit). our yearly salted roads in the winter eats them thin frames right up.That little one in the first pic sure does look mighty sharp though!I only know of 1 that a guy from work's mother has and it's garage kept,but it sure does go! It's an 86 Fiero GT,and it sure is nice.Too bad they quit makin em! :angry:

:blink: Well Abe, they MUST BE OUT THERE, cuz sure as hell ain't none around HERE(DEEEtroit). our yearly salted roads in the winter eats them thin frames right up.That little one in the first pic sure does look mighty sharp though!I only know of 1 that a guy from work's mother has and it's garage kept,but it sure does go! It's an 86 Fiero GT,and it sure is nice.Too bad they quit makin em! :angry:

Well, I'm about 150 to 200 miles south of ya here in Coumbus, Indiana and I see at least 3 or 4 a day around here. Those frames are VERY thin. The one my buddy had he took some square steel and channeled it just inside the door jam and that made a HUGE difference in the overall handling. He had put the 350 in and then the frame started to crack under the pressure from the weight so he tore it apart from the frame up and started from scratch. It was a wicked lil' demon. I wouldnt buy one unless I was going to do something outrageous with it though, well, I would probably buy the '88 or '89 Fiero GT and do some add-ons just because its a 6 cylinder! I cant remember which one was really sleek??? What was the last year they were produced?? '91??? :rolleyes:

There are some people out there putting the ecotec motors in them...

Banks did one that pulled about 500hp and 50mpg out of the 4 banger, if I remember right...

The last year was the only one that was a true Fiero from the ground up, the others had Chevette front suspensions and Citation rears... I think...