Lindberg 1/8 Scale T-bucket WIP

Steve Osbourne

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

All I can say is "WOW!!"

I am new to 1/8 and coming out of a slump, this old kit is sitting on my bench right now. Talk about timing.  I am just keeping it primarily box stock but am planning on adding a few wires. What gauge do you use for the different applications on your build?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2018 at 11:05 PM, Sam I Am said:

All I can say is "WOW!!"

I am new to 1/8 and coming out of a slump, this old kit is sitting on my bench right now. Talk about timing.  I am just keeping it primarily box stock but am planning on adding a few wires. What gauge do you use for the different applications on your build?

Hi Sam. I keep a variety of hook-up wire in 22-24-26-28-30 gauge for most wiring . Amazon sells a little box of each gauge each with 5 or 6 colors and it comes in a handy dispensing box. About $12. But I'm always looking for usable wire. Old USB cables are a good source for very thin flexible stranded wire in various colors.

I hope you post pictures and progress of your build.

I mentioned in a earlier post that you might want to consider boxing the frame rails and maybe reinforce the cross-members on this model.

Thanks.

Steve

I finally started on the carbs. I cleaned out the spare parts box and found enough to make 14 carbs. I wanted to make extra in case I damaged one or more while drilling them out. In this case I will have some for a future build.

I posed 6 of the Strombergs with the scoop.

Lastly, I finished the toneau cover which is just a sheet of .040 styrene. Today I added the sewing pin "snaps"  and then "lined" the cover with black velour Con-tac paper.

Next up is to finish the carbs.

20180218_090922.jpg

20180218_120756.jpg