Model Cars Magazine Forum

New to forum - Sharing some of my builds

Amateur

I didn't see a spot to introduce oneself, and honestly I'm not one to go about getting all mushy and telling my life story, so I won't. I'm sure others here are members of other forums and I probably know them when I see their work, and they'll know me when they see mine. I thought I'd share a few...ok, many of my builds over the last couple of years. I'll try to keep them in chronological order, sort of when I got back into it to present. I've improved in areas, and haven't made progress in many more that I should have. Time doesn't always work out like ya want. Last year, or maybe the year before I was hammering out a kit every 2 - 3 weeks. So far this year...well Ive been working on one for a month and it's a no brainer.

Anyway, on with the show! Hope this is ok as far as protocol goes...if not I could start a new thread for every kit, but that would become time consuming...(Never said I don't like to talk, just not about myself so much :lol: .

53 Studebaker

fcf262df.jpg

IMG_3420.jpg

John Deere truck for my then 10 yr old

44a51c09.jpg

8849094a.jpg

1e63be1f-1.jpg

4fc3f582.jpg

334122c7.jpg

b13bdf4e.jpg

e29b239c.jpg

ff784d0b.jpg

Lessee...we're (uh, I mean I'm) getting to my newest builds. The ones where I tried a little harder. Polished the paint (polishing kit best investment I ever made! Duh!) and learned which clears Future works over and which not. Done right, brushed on, wow, that stuff makes the paint look nice. Do it wrong, Windex and do-over!

ok, this is one I built for a friend, and I think it's where I peaked, or is that piqued? Either way, ever since this double build I think I've lost some enthusiasm, 'cause I don't think I can come close again. It's also where I started off with a polishing kit. I wish I could have told him the dog ate them. LOL

This is the 'before'

cd3ec2dc.jpg

75331a37.jpg

88b95459.jpg

789ed985.jpg

6c7cc5f6.jpg

This is after...

e6d2bfd5.jpg

518d6962.jpg

43e23709.jpg

29f63dca.jpg

64aebbad.jpg

I figured that one deserved a full set.

After which I've done these. And I think that's it. Except for teh one I have that's been stripped and is waiting for a re-paint. It may be a while.

this

61877403.jpg

to this

8904a1d9.jpg

A couple of Goats

e4abe4ec.jpg

3253-5.jpg

Some Mustangs

10eae218.jpg

b530a295.jpg

IMG_1814.jpg

FireStang2.jpg

A Buick powered by a turbo'd 50 Chevy truck engine (the Buick's engine went into the flamed 50 Chevy) & a Merc (check Fluevog on Google images...it was inspired by that, but doesn't look as cool when done.)

0462c5be.jpg

ParHill2.jpg

And that's about it! Hard to believe that's an hour or so out of my day! Thanks for looking!

You added more pics while I was replying. Man that 66 'bird has the look. What color is the 68 Firebird?

Duplicolor...the stuff that changes from purple to a goldish brown sort of color. Forget what it's called. I also forgot about the cars in my kids rooms I never took pics of. He's got about 10-15 more in there. LOL...too much glue and paint over spray!