Model Cars Magazine Forum

new 2018 toyota and camaro resins at SMH

MarkJ

Does anyone know if these new resins were made from diecast bodies or the new revell chevy kit  plastic bodies that might have been reworked? if they are made from diecasts they are going to be too big to be used with the chassis from the revell kits. 

The Camaro was a reworked SS. It's a direct fit to the Chase SS kit. You just have to modify the rear quarter windows to fit or make new ones. The rest is suppose to be a straight swap. Looking at the molding I'd say the Camry body is also off one of the new glue kits, the Fusion since the sides dont looked to be reworked. But that's a guess on my part. Looks like someone took the nose that was already done and graphed it onto a Fusion body. 

Didnt know they were up, going to order a Camaro body right now. 

Edited by Jhedir6

2 hours ago, Jhedir6 said:

The Camaro was a reworked SS. It's a direct fit to the Chase SS kit. You just have to modify the rear quarter windows to fit or make new ones. The rest is suppose to be a straight swap. Looking at the molding I'd say the Camry body is also off one of the new glue kits, the Fusion since the sides dont looked to be reworked. But that's a guess on my part. Looks like someone took the nose that was already done and graphed it onto a Fusion body. 

Didnt know they were up, going to order a Camaro body right now. 

David, when you get the new Camaro body, let us know if it is a direct fit to the new revell kits. I would really appreciate the info. Thanks for your feedback.

12 minutes ago, MarkJ said:

David, when you get the new Camaro body, let us know if it is a direct fit to the new revell kits. I would really appreciate the info. Thanks for your feedback.

Will do. I ordered it this morning, so if they manage to ship it out today it might make it to my sister's house by the weekend. If so I should be able to get it on Sunday as I suppose to be going over for a visit. But it was done by a member here and he stated it was a straight swap...posted here in the NASCAR section somewhere below this.

I'm heading to the States today to do a HL run and hit up a LHS in Buffalo, hoping he's got some Chase kits left in stock. Now to figure out decals....

Edited by Jhedir6

Body is based on the Chase Elliott SS kit, so this will be a direct swap for the SS chassis.  Front and rear windows are a direct swap, while the side windows can be trimmed to fit.   Hopefully Mikes decals will do some decals for these cars.

Let me know how you like it when you get your order.  Many thanks for your interest and feedback on this car.  

Thanks again, Vernon ........ If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Edited by VERNON

10 hours ago, VERNON said:

Body is based on the Chase Elliott SS kit, so this will be a direct swap for the SS chassis.  Front and rear windows are a direct swap, while the side windows can be trimmed to fit.   Hopefully Mikes decals will do some decals for these cars.

Let me know how you like it when you get your order.  Many thanks for your interest and feedback on this car.  

Thanks again, Vernon ........ If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Ronnie emailed me this afternoon, mine wont ship till next week as he's had a big run on them and needs to cast more, so I'd say they're selling well, pending on how many he cast on the first run.

But from the pics, it looks real nice. Just need some decals for the details. I'm going through my left over decals from past NASCAR builds to see what kind of a livery I can come up with for it.

17 hours ago, Jhedir6 said:

The Camaro was a reworked SS. It's a direct fit to the Chase SS kit. You just have to modify the rear quarter windows to fit or make new ones.

Funny thing, the actual Camaro side window is the still the SS shape,  the Camaro window is the SS shape just with Camaro shape integrated into it.   In Theory, you could just mask the side window in the Camaro shape and paint the rest of the SS window pice body color and it would be accurate.

636511166242907114-Chevy-Camaro.jpg

2 hours ago, martinfan5 said:

Funny thing, the actual Camaro side window is the still the SS shape,  the Camaro window is the SS shape just with Camaro shape integrated into it.   In Theory, you could just mask the side window in the Camaro shape and paint the rest of the SS window pice body color and it would be accurate.

636511166242907114-Chevy-Camaro.jpg

You're right, some of the early renders show it with the sharp angle. But in the pic in this link you can see that it is the SS windows with the wrap graphics just giving it the Camaro shape.

https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/photo/main-gallery/chase-elliott-hendrick-motorsports-mountain-dew-chevrolet-camaro-15845182/

Edited by Jhedir6

3 minutes ago, Jhedir6 said:

You're right, some of the early renders show it with the sharp angle. But in the pic in this link you can see that it is the SS windows graphics just giving it the Camaro shape.

https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/photo/main-gallery/chase-elliott-hendrick-motorsports-mountain-dew-chevrolet-camaro-15845182/

Right, its just basically window graphics.