Model Cars Magazine Forum

anybody ever build: Revell '09 Challenger SRT8 Spl. Ed.?

fiatboy

Can I glue the front and rear fascia onto the body and then  paint it, before installing the chassis/interior?  The front fascia doesn't fit too well and I'd like to 'putty' the spots that are not quite right, paint the whole thing, then install the chassis/interior?  Thanks

Yup, as Jonathan says, you can put it on first. In addition to the tight (very) chassis fit, the panel line that separates the bumper from the body can get inundated with primer and paint of your not careful or don’t somehow scribe it a little deeper. I glued the front on first to ensure a nice tight fit, that ended up too tight and I lost part of the panel line on one side. 

The fit on mine was so tight, I don’t think I could have pulled it back apart without damaging it had I needed to adjust anything. 

Edited by Erik Smith

When I built mine, I taped the front and rear bumpers on (loosely, so there was a gap) so the paint would match without losing the panel lines as Erik mentioned.  I also made little styrene tabs so there would be a better (easier) gluing surface.  If I recall correctly, I installed the front before the chassis, and the rear after.  I have to say, everything fit like a glove on that model.  I was quite impressed with Revell's engineering.  Now if they would only update it to the current body style, and make a Hellcat or Demon....