Model Cars Magazine Forum

1957 Ford sedan

heyjohnxx

I'm looking to pick up one of these 2 door sedans. Plus or minus of these 2. I know the AMT is an older tool, but I read about the Revell having shape issues. I'm looking for a nice shelf model, so simple chassis is not necessarily a major drawback.

18 minutes ago, heyjohnxx said:

I'm looking to pick up one of these 2 door sedans. Plus or minus of these 2. I know the AMT is an older tool, but I read about the Revell having shape issues. I'm looking for a nice shelf model, so simple chassis is not necessarily a major drawback.

If you want a '57 Ford sedan, in 1/25 scale, then Revell is the one, as AMT's kit is the somewhat longer, very different '57 Fairlane 500 hardtop.  

Art

Thank you Art, I guess I should looked a little closer at the kits. I did the AMT many moons ago, and have blanked everything from my memory. My folks had a 57 Ford for a couple of years before salt cancer got it. I don't know if it was a sedan or a hardtop. Just looking for some general hints on what might look better on the shelf.

Andy H, has done yeoman work on fixing the Revell kit. If you want to go for accuracy, follow his corrections. If you want just a 'shelfer' the Revell kit went together well for me. I'd be guided by what you to build. I was not at all impressed with Round2's much ballyhooed re-issue of the "improved" '57 Fairlane kit. The decal sheet was small, and the re-tooled parts were mostly a joke. But it would build a nice "Three-Footer", like the Revell.

Depends really on where you want to go with the build.