Model Cars Magazine Forum

SurfStar '63 'vette

Spex84

2 hours ago, GerN said:

With the greenhouse moved so far back, how will the driver get in and out?  It looks like you've also moved the rear axle way back.  Please, more photos!

He's a surfer, they're flexible! If the Duke's can climb in & out a small window, a surfer can surely maneuver through a big gullwing door!

Besides, have you SEEN the driving positions for some of those old 60s show rods? Better get to know your chiropractor, FAST!

Edited by Oldcarfan27

On 4/28/2018 at 10:30 AM, CabDriver said:

Got an idea on paint yet?

Paint is undecided. I was thinking of something green-blue; there's a '65 Pontiac color that I like. Other options are a hot metallic orange-yellow or copper-orange. I don't have access to House of Kolor paints, which is too bad, they have a bunch of cool candy colors. I'll wait until the body is in primer, then start doing some tests. 

2 hours ago, GerN said:

With the greenhouse moved so far back, how will the driver get in and out? 

The gullwing door opening has been pushed back somewhat as well. I'm hoping to make the driver's seat swivel...so it would be a "slide in" operation, maybe with grip-handles on the dash, A pillar, and/or console to aid entry and egress.

Mr. Drysdale, I respectfully submit that, since radical customs like yours are only seen on ModelCarsMag once in a blue moon at best, you owe the few custom builders MORE PHOTOS!  Think of the younger builders who have never seen a custom model car contest!

Edited by GerN

• 8 months later...