Model Cars Magazine Forum

63 Nova Build.

Yenkocamaro

Hey Guys, been awhile since I posted here, but stop by once in a while to see whats going on. My latest project is a modified 1/18 Sun star 63 Nova drag car. I wanted to be different, so its powered by a straight six that came out of an early diecast  pickup truck. At this point its sporting a 3 deuces modified shapeways manifold, scratch built headers, and a transmission from a Chevelle. Far from done, its been a bear just getting it to fit properly. I've been wanting to build a Gasser front suspension for a long time, and this one is entirely scratched from brass and copper, and using 00-90 brass nuts and bolts for construction. I added brass leaf springs to the Novas mono leaf rear suspension, including a shortened rear axle housing, and scratched shocks with mounts for them. I formed a hood scoop from plastic, and removed the dog leg hood hinge. I also scratched some hood pins from solid aluminum tubing. Long way to go, but hope to finish, before I can start another project LOL 

DSCN2202.JPG

DSCN2203.JPG

DSCN2204.JPG

DSCN2205.JPG

DSCN2226.JPG

DSCN2227.JPG

DSCN2252.JPG

DSCN2254.JPG