Model Cars Magazine Forum

Sombody hit my 1/1 scale car

I came out of a movie theater and some person smacked the right side of the back bumper. damage was cosmetic and will be fixed soon but I mean come ON i JUST got the car, and i have not even made the first insurance payment on it yet :o

ok0is1.jpg

2vcygjl.jpg

the GOOD news is there was a police report filled out for the 'incident' and the guy or girl who hit me will be taking care of it via their insurance. once I get the check from their insurance company the car will be heading to the local body shop.

:(

Edited by Dave McFly

Guest Davkin

I feel your pain. I felt like my last car had a target painted on it. I owned it for three years and it got hit four times! Now I have a newer, low miles and nicer car and am downright paranoid driving it! Is it just me or has the red traffic light become only a suggestion to stop in the last couple years?

David

dude you can do that yourself

all you need is a buffer,polish,polising pad,touch up paint,air brush,a little head banging music,a beer,and about 1/2 hour-2 hours and whamo your done don't pay some half A$$ED body man to do it D.I.Y

Its best to have a body shop do insurance work, because they most likely have a warranty on their work.

THe place where I took mine warranties my body work no matter where I am at. As well as my Insurance company, since I am military, and I move alot.

Ouch. But at least it's now pre-disastered, and less liable to be hit again.

Yesterday GTMike400 (who hasn't posted here in ages due to work, school, women, working on his car) had a bad wreck, some guy who had already crashed his own car this week made a left turn in his rented Pontiac into Mike's BMW at 45 MPH, T-boned him sending Mike sideways into a telephone pole. Mike's all banged up, lacerations/bumps/bruises and three crushed knuckles...left hand is all wrapped up, right is in a splint, and he's royally PO'ed...he put a lot of work in his car to have some dimwit take him out like that...I hope the other driver fries... ;)

Guest zebm1

Shoot Mon, get an old 60s, 70s "real car" with REAL STEEL BUMPERS.....all tha Bad drivers wll stay away from you then......as they go WHAM! BOING!, BOUNCE and into tha WEEDS....... rolled up into a toilet paper ball.......YeeHaww.... :lol::lol::lol:

Clay's right about the insurance end of it..............if he's making payments the lien holder may insist on having a qualified bodyshop do the work. ;)

When I was looking for a new place a couple years ago, one of the things I insisted on is that I MUST have off street parking! When I first saw the house I'm living in now, I asked the real estate lady were the previous owners allowed to park in the back of the house.

She said yes, and I said "You got a deal"!

I've had two cars hit a two different times parked on the street and I vowed never to have a place with on street parking again!

I gather this happened in a parking lot? I've learned to get super paranoid in lots as I don't park around anyone if at all possible (People are jerks with their car doors!), and suffer the longer walk to the store, movies, etc.

True Story:

Three weeks ago this past July 4th, my neighbor who lives a couple houses down from me, had her daughter's car totally demolished right in front of their house by a drunk driver! The crash was so bad that it shook me out of my sleep (1:30 AM) and the drunk driver's car ended up on it's roof! :o

I thought for a second someone had hit the house...............the bad thing is, the driver and his passenger were standing on the sidewalk for about 5 mins. or so------only to disappear in the night to who knows where. (Believe me------we were lookin' for them!!) :lol:

They were so loaded that when the fire department came to open up the vehicle (A Ford Bronco), when the hatch was opened, you could have got an instant buzz off the fumes that wreaked out of the inside........it was that bad! :o

To say they were over the legal limit was an understatement! There was another parked car involved-----they hit that one so hard, it was sitting in the middle of the street!.

The poor young girl's (about 18 years old I think) car was nothing more than a crumpled ball on the sidewalk..........she had just got the car (a 7 year old Nissan Sentra) a couple weeks earlier, now it was a total loss. Her parents were trying to console her as she was crying her eyes out! :lol: Thank goodness no one was seriously injured or killed!

They have room in the back of their house to park, so I reinforced to them that they may seriously want to consider doing that from now on.

It makes you want to invent a force field around your car when you're not there to keep knuckleheads from crashing into it! :lol:

Shoot Mon, get an old 60s, 70s "real car" with REAL STEEL BUMPERS.....all tha Bad drivers wll stay away from you then......as they go WHAM! BOING!, BOUNCE and into tha WEEDS....... rolled up into a toilet paper ball.......YeeHaww.... :lol:;):o

Oh I wish that were true! :o One of the cars that got hit in front of my house was my beloved '69 AMX!

Now that was about as all steel as you could get................but the problem was the car that hit it was a '77 Thunderbird.

Damage wasn't totaled at least..............the guy had hit the drivers door and nothing else and I had it replaced in a couple weeks. It's just the aggravation of having your car hit when it can't defend itself just sitting in front of your house minding its own business! :lol::lol:

just to avoid confusion, I own the car flat out, I am only making insurance payments on it :lol:. and the so called 'half assed' body guy i am going to is the BEST in town. If i take it to him on a monday i get it back tuesday or wednesday at the latest :lol:. I do wish I had a car with REAL bumpers, my 1st car a tough as a brick 80 Malibu coupe which had real bumpers AND a full frame under it.

hey Bill If yo have any detail Pictures I could borrow I would love to . As for 1-1 I own a 53 Foed Panel Delivery. It's not in very good shape these days as it was a daily driver for me up until several years ago. Still. ive managed to do what body work that was required on it a sthat was my job for years. Ia lso have a 78 Ford Van, its not pretty as I never really finished the truck. In fact , it was headed for thje wrecking yard. Many yards of fiberglass and countless gallons of filler later, I had a completed 78 Ford E150 Van with an engine in it that included help from Denny Hamlin (FAMOUS RACE DRIVER) , his Dad Dennis Hamlin who guided the engine into it with his forklift. Yeah kids hit this van, make sure you're weraring safety glasses when ya do to! EdShaver

OUCH!! Lets hope your car is not a magnet for this kind of thing. We had a Corsica years ago that got hit quite often. It was in the body shop for repairs six times in the five years we owned it. One of those times, the shop called saying we could not pick it up when promised due to a "mishap" in the shop with another car. After we finally sold it, we found out it caught fire in the garage of the people we sold it to, and severely damaged their house! That thing had to be posessed or something........

Rick

just to avoid confusion, I own the car flat out, I am only making insurance payments on it :lol:. and the so called 'half assed' body guy i am going to is the BEST in town. If i take it to him on a monday i get it back tuesday or wednesday at the latest ;). I do wish I had a car with REAL bumpers, my 1st car a tough as a brick 80 Malibu coupe which had real bumpers AND a full frame under it.

I had a 80 malibu coupe Too! It was an old police admin car real good runner, & had 60.000 miles when I bought it I put Centerline wheeels on it and drove it for four years.

I had a 80 malibu coupe Too! It was an old police admin car real good runner, & had 60.000 miles when I bought it I put Centerline wheeels on it and drove it for four years.

I had an 80 Malibu, too. Nice steel rear bumper. Of course, the frame it was bolted to rusted and the bumper fell off. :(

They're still cool cars, though.

okay, what are the odds of THREE people on this forum owning the same make model AND year car in the past :angry:? here is a pic of old "Gray Ghost" as I called it when I had it:

mycarpicredone.jpg

oh and I just got the check today! so I am calling the shop tomorrow morning and it should be in there by tue or wed at the latest!