Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 Chevelle Street fighter....

just_a_doodz

This has been a thought of mine for a while.....My favorite car in the entire world is the venerable 1970 Chevelle SS LS-6.I absolutely love the ###### thing...lol.BUT since making a "real" LS-6 a street machine would all but kill its value Im going to build a LS-6 Street Fighter.A.K.A. close but not the real deal.Shaving all factory ###### (door handles,script,marker lights) Making the trim black because body color will be platinum....Model Master Custom Lacquer Bright Platinum Metallic to be exact cleared in the same line.Wheels will be Pegasus Chrome T's (yes...I DO love those wheels).Engine....hmmmm...it WILL be a 454 but Im NOT sure on induction.I want everything to fit under the hood but be bad enough to make pre-pubescent boys cry when I crank it.(YES Im crazy....LOL.)Anyway....mock-up pics---------->

100_1520.jpg

100_1521.jpg

100_1522.jpg

100_1524.jpg

100_1525.jpg

Thanks for looking....and give me some ideas on induction (pics preferred since Im limited in the parts box department)I will be slowing this build down a bit to make it a good one but it will be my only project so I will post progrees pics at least (I hope ....lol.) once a week.Later.

Edited by just_a_doodz

Youre Off To A Great Start I'll Be Following This Bad Boy I Love The Stance.

Thanks....Im following a lot of yours as well.Ive got some 19" Ts coming and I will prolly use them on the front leaving the 23" on the back.I think it will look a lil better.Thanks for looking.

Thanks....Im following a lot of yours as well.Ive got some 19" Ts coming and I will prolly use them on the front leaving the 23" on the back.I think it will look a lil better.Thanks for looking.

YEP GO WITH THE 19'S ....BETTER CLEARANCE AND A BITCHIN RAKE!! But don't go with the 19" discs up front get the 23's, use the 19"'s in back

My '34 uses this combo...check it out.

IMG_0605.jpg

IMG_0606.jpg

• 2 months later...

Well I finished all the shaving.I finally got a chance to paint it.Testors One Coat Lacquer De Ja Blue.Engine coming along as well as interior and suspension.Im going to add white SS stripes and clear it after I do my first BMF job!!.PICS!!!

100_1546.jpg

100_1549.jpg

100_1550.jpg

100_1551.jpg

Any links to a good BMF job or pics?This will be my first time trying it.Thanks!!Later.

Edited by just_a_doodz

Yeah...I used the 19" Chrome Ts in the front and the 23" Ts in the back of my 58 Impala. They look good together and help you get a cool rake. I also narrowed the front ones about 1/8" by removing the center section of the tire pattern and taking the same about off of the back side of the wheel.

DSC04386-vi.jpg

Thanks for sharing,

Well....I screwed up AGAIN.I sprayed Duplicolor Sparkle Effex clear on this and it hazed up on me.I let it dry for a day and tried to polish it out.It looks a little better but not very good.I should have known better.Im thinking of stripping the wax off with alcohol and adding another coat of Testors One Coat......dunno if that will fix it.Anyway....Pics.

Before polishing....

100_1549.jpg

100_1546.jpg

After polishing......

100_1553.jpg

100_1554.jpg

100_1555.jpg

I still have to get excess polish out of door line with a toothpick but you see the results.There is a bigger difference in real life compared to pics. if that makes any sense.

I was 90% sure that the clear would work because I tested it on another model I did with the same type paint and it looked good.Dunno....

Thanks for looking.Im going to try to save this....LOL.

• 5 weeks later...

New pics are outside pictures after a good waxing.Ive got the engine bay painted black,the engine painted and the interior started BUT the rechargable batteries for my camera wont hold a charge.Heres what I CAN show you.Taking me a bit longer than expected (weall know how that is) but its getting there.Thanks for looking guys!!

100_1560.jpg

100_1561.jpg

100_1562.jpg

Im thinking off putting 23's all the way around and save the big'n'lils for another project Ive got brewing.

• 2 months later...

im lovin this, and i dont even like the 70 chevells!!

you should at least get a silver sharpie and to all the window trim with that, looks a lil dull without it

also, what you want for them cinder blocks i see in one of your 1st posts of it mocked up before paint :P