Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford F100 and Trailer

Clay

Ok I started this one about a week ago. Its the AMT Modified Stocker Hauler kit that has a Ford F100 and a race car trailer.

Pretty straight foward looking model with a bunch of custom pieces from, Chevy fenders(?) to corvette tail lights. An absolutely fun build so far.

Hauler003.jpg

Woth the Chevy Fenders on.

Hauler004.jpg

The Truck

Hauler001.jpg

Hauler009.jpg

The trailer

Hauler005.jpg

Hauler006.jpg

Was planning on using the interior from a Cobra.

Hauler019.jpg

Hauler020.jpg

But I decided to go with the bench seat from a lightning because it sits higher. No pic of that.

I got the hood hinged. I was wanting it to open more but I ran out of brass rod. But this works.

Hauler013.jpg

Hauler014.jpg

I got the trailer painted Italian Red but I ran out of paint before I could get the truck done. Will post pics later.

Enjoy and comments welcome, good or bad.

Edited by Clay

Ok I started this one about a week ago. Its the AMT Modified Stocker Hauler kit that has a Ford F100 and a race car trailer.

Pretty straight foward looking model with a bunch of custom pieces from, Chevy fenders(?) to corvette tail lights. An absolutely fun build so far.

Hauler003.jpg

Woth the Chevy Fenders on.

Hauler004.jpg

The Truck

]

The trailer

I got the trailer painted Italian Red but I ran out of paint before I could get the truck done. Will post pics later.

Enjoy and comments welcome, good or bad.

How about building a nice vintage stock car for the trailer? Maybe a '55 Chevy or '56 Ford

Edited by cobrit

Looks like a good kit, now I gotta get me one. Just another project to add to the 5 others on the bench.

I know, I got one shelf full of on going projects and one shelf with my not started projects. That shelf is getting pretty empty.

You got some good ideas going there! I thought of using the AMT Ford Lightning engine, drivetrain and interior in the '53 truck. Looking forward to checking out more and have fun!

~ Jeff

I got the engine frome the cobra going in it. If I had a complete lightening kit I would try to use everything but the body

wow, this is looking really cool!! i love the fact that ur putting in the Cobra Interior In this ol Ford. How about a Cobra Motor? And wheels and tires? Just a Thought. Any decsisions on where your goin with paint?

I switched out the interior with the lightening seats. The engine is going in it. Its gonna be Italian Red. to match this:

DSC04759.jpg

:lol: EZZZ Lookeeen good Clay,The Cobra engine an dash will really update it.Will the Cobra wheels an tires fit in the wells? I think that would look pretty cool too! That lil truck has been around a LOOONNNNGGGG time. Glad to see yer bringin in to the 21 centry with yer mods, looks good!

:lol: Well Clay, thats certainly a nice "wake you up" color! The truck gonna be the same? It'll look good too. Nice job on the trailer, good that you got some pics of it new, cuz after a few trips to the salts it won't be so shiney! I look forward to seein the whole combo ready to go!

:wacko: Ahhh, yes, my Devil Dog Brother, One does not look into the eye of the beast and remain unscathed! As soon as my computer buddy comes back from his vacation(next Saturday) He said he'd sit down with me an show me how to do ALL the neat stuff YOU guys can do. Heck, he BUILDS these things, so I figgur if anyone can do it, HE can. Sides, he gets off on teachin folks how to do this stuff, so hopefully, I'll soon be cookin with Platformate!(an old gas additive used by Clark Gasoline)Meanwhile, that lil truck is gonna be a looker when yer done! Semper Fi!

Looks like a good kit, now I gotta get me one. Just another project to add to the 5 others on the bench.

Clayton , Im curious as to weather the old Gulf oil decals are in the kit would you P M me if they are maybe theres so0mething I have that we can trade if you're not using them. By the way the custom pieces are based on George Barrisis styiling ideas. He built msuch a truck and was subsiquently burned along with his Ala- Kart in 63. Meanwhile enjoy yer new 53 Ford , Ive been enjoying my 1-1 53 Ford truck sinc I put it on the road in 1982. Ed shaver

Clayton , Im curious as to weather the old Gulf oil decals are in the kit would you P M me if they are maybe theres so0mething I have that we can trade if you're not using them. By the way the custom pieces are based on George Barrisis styiling ideas. He built msuch a truck and was subsiquently burned along with his Ala- Kart in 63. Meanwhile enjoy yer new 53 Ford , Ive been enjoying my 1-1 53 Ford truck sinc I put it on the road in 1982. Ed shaver

Thanks, you got pics of yours? I have always liked the 53-56 era of F100's. I REALLY want one!!! I had planned on getting one but My wife's dad got her a 63 Avanti so I have to wait along time before I even think about it.

Here are some pics of the Avanti in its soon to be New home.

Hauler034.jpg

Hauler035.jpg

Ok I have some choices to run by you guys. I got 3 choices of bumpers and some wheel choices as well as a few tire choices.

1st bumpers:

1. Rolled rear pan, front would be bullet nose type of things.

Hauler024.jpg

2. These holey things (sorry dont know the correct term) Front would be the same kind.\

Hauler025.jpg

3. Stock

Hauler026.jpg

I am kinda leaning towards #2

Wheels,

1. Stock.

Hauler027.jpg

2.arts Box

Hauler028.jpg

3.Parts box

Hauler029.jpg

4.THese are from the Cobra kit. Doesnt really fill out the wheel wells do they?

Hauler031.jpg

Hauler032.jpg

And Tires

Hauler030.jpg

I might go with the wider ones for this.

I am also using the rear spoiler from the cobra kit.

Hauler033.jpg

Edited by jones_clayton

Clay,

First, that Avanti looks GREAT sitting on that red trailer!!

On to the business at hand; if the roll pan will work with the trailer hitch, that's the way I'd go. It fits better with the other custom parts you're using.

For the wheels; unless you're going to tub the bed, you won't find too many wheels that'll fill those big openings and not be too wide. If you want, I'll send you a set of these:

DSC05353-vi.jpg

DSC05355-vi.jpg

All four tires and wheels are the same size. The wheels measure out at about 23". With the tires mounted, they're as tall as the 23" Pegasus Chrome T's that I'm using on my truck, but they're only 0.350" wide. They fit up under the rear fenders without tubbing the bed. They also come with disc brakes for all four wheels. Let me know if you want them and I'll drop them in the mail.

Yes, you'll have to to tub the bed to get the Pegasus 23" Chrome T's to fit...unless you narrow them...

Later,

Edited by Raul_Perez