Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford F100 and Trailer

Clay

I got the new rims and tires ready to be mounted on the truck. I used some aluminum tubing to fill in the hole now the axles fit in the Brakes for the rims.

Hauler062.jpg

Hauler063.jpg

Hauler064.jpg

I inserted the smaller diameter into the larger diameter.

Hauler065.jpg

Hauler066.jpg

Finished product.

Hauler067.jpg

All of them done.

Hauler068.jpg

Thanks Raul for the tip!!!!

Clay , you're probably going to hate me for sugesting this but I will anyway. What would happen if you tranlsplanted the " Big Window " from a 56 cab to the 53? Yep, look at the indententations in the cab, you could still do a Big window perhaps and it would be unique. Look theres a fellow who lives just up the street from me who has a 1-1 55 Ford . His Ford features a hood opening just like yours. He runs a 460 Ford engine in it . Well, its just a thought. Ed Shaver

:angry: Clay, Big window means just that. The 56 F-100 could be had with a LARGE rear glass as opposed to the small rear window on the 53.The 53's glass was about 25in X 15in. The 56 large window went ALL the way across the rear of the cab, from right above the pick-up bed to the lower edge of the cab's roof.It was VERY large. :angry:

Hi Clay

I have not had much time to browse the forum...but i'm really impressed with your work on this latest build

It's fun seeing the progress you've made over the past 6 monthes

keep up the good work...and please stop sending pictures of the trailer with the "saltlicker" sittin' on it...you're making Rauls head swell everytime he see's it :angry:

just kidding...the "saltlicker" looks great on the trailer

What would have really made this build special is if the tow vehicle was a Studebaker pick'em up truck! :angry:

...It's fun seeing the progress you've made over the past 6 months

keep up the good work...and please stop sending pictures of the trailer with the "saltlicker" sittin' on it...you're making Rauls head swell everytime he see's it :blink: ...

That's too funny!! :angry:

I agree with Curt, you're modeling skills have improved a lot over the past several months...and, that's what this forum is all about!!

Keep up the GREAT work!!

Later,

Hi Clay

I have not had much time to browse the forum...but i'm really impressed with your work on this latest build

It's fun seeing the progress you've made over the past 6 monthes

keep up the good work...and please stop sending pictures of the trailer with the "saltlicker" sittin' on it...you're making Rauls head swell everytime he see's it :blink:

just kidding...the "saltlicker" looks great on the trailer

What would have really made this build special is if the tow vehicle was a Studebaker pick'em up truck! ;)

Wait until its don and he sees it all together, and thanks to the kind words. My skills have improved because of you guys.

That's too funny!! ;)

I agree with Curt, you're modeling skills have improved a lot over the past several months...and, that's what this forum is all about!!

Keep up the GREAT work!!

Later,

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the kind words. Hopefully I can get this thing done soon...

Well just don't rush it!!

Every time I try to hurry a model it turns to s#!+!! :lol:

I meant a few weeks, I only get to work on it about 30 minutes a night if at all.

I had a vision at work, strip the chrome off the rims and paint them either gun metal or aluminum. Yes, no?

I meant a few weeks, I only get to work on it about 30 minutes a night if at all.

I had a vision at work, strip the chrome off the rims and paint them either gun metal or aluminum. Yes, no?

It sounds like extra work to me B) ...but if you think it'll make it look better then forge on!! <_<

• 3 weeks later...

Well its been a while for this one so, do any of you have any idea how tedious it is painting 8 2-part rims?

Well the rims are painted in Tamiya Flat Aluminum. Silly me was waiting for the chrome to come off in the purple pond, I thought the chrome turned black. So I waited a few days, until I remebered that the models that they came from were molded in black.... :D;)

DSCF0027.jpg

And of course leave it to me to lose a part thats important.... I lost the reciever somehow....

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well Raul you asked for it, here it is. An update on O Hallows Eve.

I had to move the crossmember for the tranny to make room for the engine swap. You can see where it was, above the back of the leaf spring.

Hauler071.jpg

Gotta love that superglue.. :lol:

Hauler072.jpg

I had a hard time deciding which SVT engine to use. Lightning Kit or Cobra kit? Well i want to finish the Lightning. So Cobra it is, unless some one has a spare Lightning Engine they arent gonna use :lol: .

Lightning..

Hauler075.jpg

Cobra... needs finishing.

Hauler076.jpg

Well I made a bad choice, I decided to paint the engine bay after the cab was painted.

Hauler077.jpg

Hauler078.jpg

Hauler079.jpg

Not to sure what to do about it.

Got the spacing for the rear wheels figured out. Had to snip off some of the axle to get it done though.

Hauler080.jpg

Comments, criticizm (good or bad), Ideas welcome

Take care.

That should look pretty cool!! Especially since the Avanti salt flat racer that it'll be pulling is also supercharged!!

I'm putting a matching Mustang Cobra 4.6L SVT engine in mine to match the engine that's in the Raptor.

You just gotta love it when a plan come together...

Nope havent cleared it yet. I have to look and see what type of sandpaper I have.

Clay...you can also try a low abrasive rubbing compound to clean up the unwanted paint on the body

a cleaner /wax will work as well, but if it's too "waxy" it will create problems with clear-coating

everythings looking really nice...you've really stepped up your "modeling prowess"

I did notice in one of the first photos of this project, a claw hammer on the table...sometimes you need a lil persuasion to get pieces to fit B)

I've got some extra F-150 (97 - later) if your interested

keep up the good work

• 2 months later...