Model Cars Magazine Forum

1 minute ago, Jon Haigwood said:

I am thinking Podcasts and youtube "how-tos" and "product revues" may be a bit different.  

Podcasts--audio and video ones-- normally aren't hosted on Youtube..they tend to be hosted on sites like iTunes or Google Play. 

Just now, Jon Haigwood said:

I am thinking Podcasts and youtube "how-tos" and "product revues" may be a bit different.  

Ironically the only Podcasts I listen to are the ones that make it to YouTube like Kibbe & Finnegan (Finnegan from Roadkill) & Motorweek podcast. Don't know where they originate from but I watch them when they hit the Tube.

There are some really good video-podcasts on YouTube - the Aforementioned "The Smoking Tire" and "Still Untitled - The Adam Savage Project" among my favorites. I think that a round table discussion on modelbuilding would be best done in a video streaming format, as this allows the opportunity to zoom in on processes as they are performed, fingers as they inevitably bleed from hobby knife intrusions, and showing off kits and supplies. I've been thinking recently that getting four builders together (two of them would likely be hosts, while the others would be guest builders), all of them sitting around a table, working on projects as they discuss the hobby, recent or upcoming shows, newly-completed builds, or getting assistance from the other builders with a technique that they're stuck on, would be a great way to illustrate both the hands-on and social aspects of the hobby, all at once.

There are a few Gundam builders streaming regularly on Twitch, and I'm sure some doing the same via YouTube or via FB Live. In fact, if you go on Facebook, check out Lincoln Wright's Paint on Plastic for a great modelbuilding/painting series of videos and live streams.

Edited by Dirty Dave