Model Cars Magazine Forum

Penske RS Spyder

Brendan

Kit is from Studio 27. Typical casting; very minimal flashing; quite a few pewter parts; very easy to clean up. Had some issues with the kit as you can see in my build. http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13147 The kit is a decent kit but I really can't recommend this kit. There were just too many little things that were wrong with it for the price of the kit.

I used Scalefinishes paint. Covers extremely well; very user friendly; would highly recommend this paint. http://scalefinishes.com/

Here's some pictures of my kit. Feel free to comment.

IMG_1297.jpg

IMG_1295.jpg

IMG_1291.jpg

IMG_1289.jpg

IMG_1288.jpg

Thanks for the comments. It's one of those kits that if you're a Porsche fan and have to have it in your collection, you'll get it. I more irked that I paid a lot of money and the decals did not fit correctly. Also along with some decals not even being included in the kit.

It would be interesting to see if Revell of Germany does it, but I highly doubt they would. Also the car is not as well known, such as the Audi. This is the first year they've actually won some major events. First over all at Sebring and then First in Class at Le Mans.The funny thing is I did the Le Mans Miniatures Audi R10 and then a couple of months later, Revell of Germany came out with their kit. So It might happen this time as well. :lol:

I saw it first but didn't get time to be the first one to post, but followed this thing from the very beginning and this turned out AMAZING, I love the way this turned out and that you made it through decal hell. I always adore your work and I love those Penske Porsches so this is probably my favorite of yours...even though I haven't seen all your work.......but then again you did that 550LM, but you didn't do a Risi so :P but probably my favorite ALMS P1 and 2 car to date ;)

Thanks for the comments. It's one of those kits that if you're a Porsche fan and have to have it in your collection, you'll get it. I more irked that I paid a lot of money and the decals did not fit correctly. Also along with some decals not even being included in the kit.

It would be interesting to see if Revell of Germany does it, but I highly doubt they would. Also the car is not as well known, such as the Audi. This is the first year they've actually won some major events. First over all at Sebring and then First in Class at Le Mans.The funny thing is I did the Le Mans Miniatures Audi R10 and then a couple of months later, Revell of Germany came out with their kit. So It might happen this time as well. :lol:

I want it and Porsche's are OK :P

I wouldn't mind getting that R10, looks like fun. ;)

Don't forget Mid Ohio :lol:

Brendan,

That turned out very, very nice. I enjoyed following the build and your input on the flaws. Despite them, I will still build it soon. I'm too busy with summer stuff but the desk is calling me for September.

Thanks again for sharing your space with me too. I will send you a personal message when I start my Spyder.

Looks great; you did a great job hiding the fact that the basic kit has a few "issues"...never has there been a perfect kit, never will be either :lol:

Thanks for the compliment. Could have been a lot worse. Could have been a Heller Peugeot 905. :lol:

Turned out real nice.

What's wrong the the Heller 905? I have one in the pile to be built :mellow:

I am a Prosche fan, but no so much a spyder fan I like coupes better.

I wouldn't be that surprised if one turned up in plastic.

I am real surprised the Audi R8 and R10 did. Audi, at one time, wanted a premium for licensing fees so nobody would touch them in plastic.

Thanks for the compliment. Could have been a lot worse. Could have been a Heller Peugeot 905. :D

hey, I want to get one of those :rolleyes:

What's wrong the the Heller 905? I have one in the pile to be built :blink:

I am a Prosche fan, but no so much a spyder fan I like coupes better.

;)

oh come on it's a race car, coupays might be nicer though ;)

• 2 weeks later...

This car when it came out, had a big

question mark in my eyes, can it be

sucessfull like the 917s956sor962...

been whatching and the car is the real deal

and this model does a very good

representation of the penske racer.

It is very acurate from wheels to the paint

and stand......like when everything looks right.

and it seems you are the master on doin this.

I know the kit manufacture has lots to do with

the finish product, but I know that if it was me doing

it, it will look good but not great like this sample.

OK, WHATS NEXT???

if you are taking request, will like to see

a PORSCHE 917-10 or a 936... :angry: YAH!!!!

Edited by 3men2s