Model Cars Magazine Forum

counterfeit products

Great Saturday afternoon Modelers.

In one of my uncontrolled buying sprees i sourced out all 12 of the Amt Original Art Series kits.

As you probably  know the kit includes a art print of the box cover with the print on one side and the series number  and kit name on back

Today i received the last 4 in the mail and upon opening #4,the 40 ford in orange, the print was blank on the back side and the paper quality looked different from the other 11

So i guess my question is,are counterfeit models a problem here in the states?

The other obsession i was into before modeling was guitars and fake guitars are an enormous issue,even parts and some of the ligit imports.

I  bought this kit from what i considered a safe online super store as models go

I  do plan on contacting Round 2 about a replacement print

Edited by Spruslayer
spelling

Never heard of this happening.  Figure it this way, the market share or percentage of discretionary income spent on model cars is a mere spec in the total scheme of things, income as a whole not individual.  Therefore it makes little if any sense that someone would counterfeit model car kits or anything original in the sealed kit.   What you have probably noted is a printing error, those happen frequently with high batch printing jobs.  It might be worth a little bit more than a non-error what ever that is worth to a collector.

now if you're talking resin parts, that's quite common for someone to rip off another's hard work to develope a decent master and bring a part to market.  That's a matter of exposing the fraud for what they are, a common thief!

I do love your box art Greg

Ill list the ones i have

#1   76 Gremlin,this one is in a box that is larger than the rest and the print inside is also larger the the other 11

#2   Gene Winfields 40 ford sedan delivery

#3    Opal GT

#4   40 Ford Coupe

#5     73 Mustang Warren tope's

#6      70 Impala Heavy Chevy

#7       Piranha spy car

#8       Pontiac Grand Slam

#9       29 Mod Rod

#10      Flying Wedge

#11     Monza  2+2

#12      59  Elcamino

Ellen,i still not so sure this isent just poor QC on the manufactures end