Model Cars Magazine Forum

Circle track cars, non nascar

suprafastcelica

These are a couple I have finished.

First is a 57 chevy. It's on a 70 buick gsx chassis with home made rollcage. Revving red with hand painted strip to simulate the belair molding. Slixx decals. I used clear plastic to fill in the headlight and rear fin section. Also used window screen for the grille area. 

Second is a 68-72 nova. I bought this with the body painted already. I only had the interior tub and bare frame with it. I used parts from my salvage yard to finish it I used some nascar rollcage and made some too. I found a random chevy motor and put it in. The front and rear suspension is modified g body monte carlo parts. Front and rear bumper are from a truck, cut in half and shortened. Window screen for the grille. Added a good scoop and rear spoiler. Also filled in the rear body panel using clear plastic packaging. 

20180430_214439.jpg

FB_IMG_1526044585624.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

thank you guys, I grew up going to local track and still do.  I love racing, any type of racing. i have a few others in the works too. A 66 Galaxie and a 58 Impala.  What I'd love to do is make a scale racetrack or these.  I have a lot of race car trailers.  It's take a lot of space though.