Model Cars Magazine Forum

I have reached the the end of this glue bomb disaster and  my figurative  rope on this one.

Unless im a complete  ID10T there is no way to build the tanker trailer in the short bed version straight out of the box.I put it at 20 scale feet by adding 1.22" in length.

Allthough i do love the Dodge l-700 i wouldn't recommend this kit unless you are willing to spend all the extra time involved in fixing many  flaws in this kit,most notable is the tractor front wheel spindles,and then there was the cab hinge,fixing the ride height of the tractor,i could go on but im sure most of you know all to well about this kit.

So,without further adu

My TAT Dodge L-700 and tanker trailer

KIMG0173.JPG

KIMG0175.JPG

KIMG0176.JPG

KIMG0178.JPG

Jim,you way to kind,and thanks to everyone for the encouragement to keep moving on even when i feel seconds away from turning a kit into tiny shards of broken plastic :wacko:

If i may throw a little rookie rant in this not specifically about this kit only but about the kits i have built in the16   months i have been back into it.

A little background first,in my glory days i was a handle crank-in machinist schooled the old way before CNC took over.I did some injection mold work so i have a kinda fogy idea what if any flaws in the mold should slide by and which defects get fixed.Concerning the  L-700,how in the world can someone let a design like the front spindles on the tractor fly,the other option that could cover this is that the mold is so old and wore out that when it was new all the parts fit and worked properly,but i dont think  that is the case here.Another one that gets me as you really dont get exactly  what you see on the box cover.The one that was the worst of this offence was the masterbox pinup girl,the one posing on a jeep hood.Yes,you get a girl figure in a sitting pose but in a totally different  look.The cover photo of the L-700  Shell tanker did not have the cab side mount turn singles on it and to me,not to be to critical,the model used for the box top is not very well done.Not saying i could do better but i know i have seen many here that would do a far better job. Theres more but im starting to boar myself :P

But ya know i did enjoy the challenge to turn  the L-700 into a somewhat presentable form and i have amassed a small stash to keep me finding suprises for a long time to come

Fair well for now

and 

Model on:D