Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fires destroy 2 resin casters

• 8 months later...

These fires were pretty scary.  I was one block over from Topanga where the evacuations were made.  I was watching the flames and fire trucks from my living room window with my binoculars praying the wind wasn't going to turn towards us!

I thought of Gary Cerveny when this was happening.  I worked for Gary several years detailing his cars and working on his car collection at the house.  I remember he had a large fire truck on the property and I asked him if he was collecting fire trucks as well as cars.  He told me that it was in case there was ever a fire there because he had it full of water and also a pump to drain his pool to help fight what ever fire might be approaching.  I was told that Gary wasn't there that day the fires came through but it wouldn't of helped anyway as it was a raging monster that went right over everything.

Here's the '40 Barris car I rubbed and prepped for the Grand National Roadster Show.  Now Gone!

L1090400.JPG.5ceddc98a062c5d05fe736150e121d99.JPG

Here's a rare glimpse inside when I was working there one day.  That's the "NANOOK" Fuel altered on the far right.

L1120018.thumb.JPG.6b725d94f9a5c967ced07f1f53daad5a.JPG

As you can see I was prepping the "TIMBS" for a show..

L1120017.thumb.JPG.fd13e1348e476755662f24a4686e621d.JPG

Here we are at Pebble Beach with the car > 1948 "Norman Timbs Special".  I always enjoyed massaging this car and it was a pleasure to have been a part of it.

7844203052_765df7118e_b.jpg.4b5c22e36f8c5b444b478f8b6e9f4feb.jpg

Edited by MAGIC MUFFLER