Model Cars Magazine Forum

A-Team van vs. Rescue Van (AMT)

On 2/1/2024 at 10:36 AM, Jordan White said:

Bumping this thread up because I found something interesting that I need clarification on. Did the rescue van (or any of the red molded kits) keep the wheels from the A-Team kit? Reason I ask is I just dechromed the wheels from my A-Team kit and three were gray while the fourth was red! Now I did pull these from my spare wheels bin, but I could only find the one set of 4, and the only molded in red kit I have is the Lil Red Express D100.IMG_3038.thumb.jpeg.2b946d61cd86250ecabc5b2847e1633f.jpeg

I'd have to dig out my old one but I don't think those wheels are original to the kit. 

The original wheels had slightly thinner rims and IIRC, the ribs went right up flush with the spokes and were a touch thicker. Also not as deep as those seem to be. 

The red one could also be from one of this reissues of the '62 Vette kit. It's molded in red.

image.png.c91ea539087658ca8f5c323233a1e2ce.png

14 hours ago, Can-Con said:

I'd have to dig out my old one but I don't think those wheels are original to the kit. 

The original wheels had slightly thinner rims and IIRC, the ribs went right up flush with the spokes and were a touch thicker. Also not as deep as those seem to be. 

The red one could also be from one of this reissues of the '62 Vette kit. It's molded in red.

I wouldn't be surprised if they used the same wheels in a few kits. The gray ones are certainly from the van kit, I do recall removing at least a couple from the parts tree, and they are the same shade of plastic as the rest of the kit.

8 hours ago, Jordan White said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they used the same wheels in a few kits. The gray ones are certainly from the van kit, I do recall removing at least a couple from the parts tree, and they are the same shade of plastic as the rest of the kit.

So yours is the reissue from the '00s then?