Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Looking for some resin pieces

I have looked through all the resin casters I have in my favorites file and cannot find the tires I am looking for.  I know they exist because I have seen them somewhere.  Looking for Goodyear Suburbanite mud/snow tires, the bias-ply style from the 50's & 60's.  Also need some open wheels to fit these with a 4X4 front hub.  Anyone have any suggestions?  Also have in mind to convert the Revell Ford F-250 truck into a 4X4 dually, but need older style wheels, again 50's-60's.  I have an idea for the 4X4 conversion kit, but then again the wheels and tires are an issue.  Any help will be appreciated.

I would go to Fireball Modelworks for the Suburbanite tires. They are a bit small if you are using them on a pickup truck, they look more at home on a Jeep, speaking of which many of the recent Jeep kits had them included.

Danny at Scenes Unlimited has dually wheel and tire kits along with 4x4 hubs. He is closed until after the holidays but great stuff and service.

Finally, check out Modelhaus Tires. Chris Holthaus is casting the tires that were part of The Modelhaus for years, he might have some vintage wheels/tires that could help your build. Chris does offer the Suburbanite tires.

Edited by mikemodeler