Model Cars Magazine Forum

death race car build off (official WIP page)

diymirage

ok. I finally snapped some pics of the DEATH WAGON!

I have the main cannon in place and the front bumper, along with all the upper armor. You can see the gatling gun ni progress along with 2 smalled cannons... also the rims I'll be using. Need to finish lower armor and exo-cage soon.

Here's the pics,,,

Death-Wagon06.jpg

Death-Wagon05.jpg

Death-Wagon04.jpg

Thanks for lookin!

:o that thing is killer lookin, literally

ok. I finally snapped some pics of the DEATH WAGON!

I have the main cannon in place and the front bumper, along with all the upper armor. You can see the gatling gun ni progress along with 2 smalled cannons... also the rims I'll be using. Need to finish lower armor and exo-cage soon.

Here's the pics,,,

Death-Wagon06.jpg

Thanks for lookin!

Kas" thats jus nutts awesome cant wait to see this war machine in color Dang! keep on wit the keepin on!!

and with the body mocked up

HPIM0255.jpg

dont worry, that paint is no where near done :D

Thats a nice lay down on the paint and the stance is a beast; a real problem for us on the road! HAHAHA Ill def have to keep an eye on you!!!

dsc02863xn4.jpg

i think its almost time to call her done but if i decide something is missing i will add more . i think i want to make a bumper or plow

This pic is ma fav' The cotton ball is a nice touch on any muscle or drag subject when its time to display them it gives it that much more attention..

Keep it coming man and the paint scheme is in there too!!

This pic is ma fav' The cotton ball is a nice touch on any muscle or drag subject when its time to display them it gives it that much more attention..

Keep it coming man and the paint scheme is in there too!!

thanks . i had my mom blow some cig smoke by it to so it gave more of an effect to the pic .

Hello all! Well with the body sitting for cure time i decided to start the dio for the build.. I gonna stage as if he was racing and bendin a corner with a bit of humor to it. Hopefully I can keep steady at the bench to keep progress rollin as smooth as it has been. Well heres the pics of the car and then soe shot s of the dio..

DSCF3072.jpg

DSCF3078.jpg

DSCF3077.jpg

This area of the dio will be the vacant lot across the street from abandon factory buildings like the movie.

I used hemp threads fer the ground texture. the base is cardboard and the ground cover is small amounts of drywall comp..

I airbrushed the ground with light brown and then used a rusting powders to get the desired color of a mud. I used lil pebbles found under my gutter drain for debris blowing off the bridge. Hopefully I can put this under my dio belt and keep it moving.. I think once the projects I have goin on I will venture out more to building these dio's. Great fun these things are, If ya havent tried it you should!!!!!

DSCF3081.jpg

DSCF3099.jpg

Alittle humor. (no offense in any way).. jus fer the thought....

DSCF3096.jpg

this is an awesome thread. back some years ago my cousin and i were doin cars like this, but we had called them dooms day cars. of course we r goin back some 15 or so years. i'm gonna have to visit the hobby shop n maybe throw my hat into the game. every one is doing some out standing work.

Those builds are totally SICK......they are so Coooooool.....this is just an idea but....if some one could do photo crop and fabricate up a pic of all the finished cars in a race against each other.......I think that would be off the hook....Great work to all builders on this'

i might be able to do that actually ...