Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Modern Street Tires

Looking for some modern street tires to fit the wheels from the Moebius 1969 F-100. Or if there is a company that makes steel wheels in a bigger diameter (18"-20") that comes with modern street tires. The kit ones are a bit too big sidewall-wise.

Thanks!

On 12/22/2018 at 11:03 AM, Rusty92 said:

Looking for some modern street tires to fit the wheels from the Moebius 1969 F-100.

What is the size or diameter of the wheels in the kit? There are more modern radial style tires available, like Goodyear Wrangler ATs from some Revel Chevy and the Dodge Ram VTS truck kits, but they are 16" or 17".

21 hours ago, kataranga said:

You might have to start looking on Shapeways for wheels like those. I haven't come across any that big from resin suppliers.

That is a good thought, I'll have to give that a look.

2 hours ago, Casey said:

What is the size or diameter of the wheels in the kit? There are more modern radial style tires available, like Goodyear Wrangler ATs from some Revel Chevy and the Dodge Ram VTS truck kits, but they are 16" or 17".

Kit wheels are 15". But thank you for the reference to those kits, I'll keep that in mind if I find some larger steel wheels.

On 12/29/2018 at 8:01 PM, Ben said:

Joseph at Fireball Modelworks just may have what you need!

http://www.fireballmodels.info/

He has those awesome Hurst wheel/tire combo that I might have to order

On 12/29/2018 at 8:19 PM, Casey said:

Are you looking for a shorter (overall height) tire?

The sidewall could be a little smaller, just something with a more modern street tread pattern. The kit wheels look like what came on them in '69.