Model Cars Magazine Forum

Paystar 5000 Cement mixer question

ranma

3 hours ago, ranma said:

I just got a reissue kit of the paystar 5000 cement mixer, and the question is about the second truck frame that is in with the mixer's parts bag. Is the frame from the Kenworth issue or the Mack cement mixer kit.

I don't think the Ertl and AMT Kenworth Challenge mixer parts ever crossed over into the other mixer kit(s). Maybe this helps?:

Nope that isn't any help. There is a really long Truck frame in with the mixer parts. I am posting a picture of the extra truck frame, The black painted frame is for the paystar 5000 , and the extra frame was in the bag with the mixer parts (still was factory sealed) till I opened it today.

DSC03437.JPG

2 hours ago, Whelen36 said:

So, if you bought the new mack dm800 model kit. Would you be able to use the frame from the psystar kit for the 800 and make a mack dm800 mixer??

Yes you can build a dm800 mixer with the mixer parts from the paystar kit. I'm in the process of building one myself and so far everything seems to be there.

Only thing is you'll have to find the instruction manual from an original dm mixer kit for assembling the frame and rear suspension.