Model Cars Magazine Forum

Harbor Freight Air compressor

66belair

So I bought a. Compressor from Jarbor Freight hoping to avoid spending an excessive amount of money. I now have a dilemma of trying to connect my compressor to my air brush. Anymon her ever used this compressor and what did the use to connect the hose for the air brush? Any help would be appreciated.

image.jpg

Your airbrush hose should attach to the connection off the water-trap. A better way would be to get a set of quick disconnects. The silver one would attach to your hose. The gold one would attach to the water trap. My gold one in the pic has a male end. You will need one with a female end. Also, use teflon tape on all threads.

Hope this helps.

quickconns 001.jpg

quickconns 002.jpg

On 12/30/2018 at 7:22 AM, crazyjim said:

You need a 1/2" pipe thread to fit to the regulator with the other end a 1/8" reducer to connect the AB.

The fitting on the regulator is 1/8NPT,  I believe he posted on Facebook that he is using a Paasche branded A/B, so he would need a 1/8NPT to 1/4 fitting.

1/8 Airbrush fitting are typically 1/8 BSP (British Standard Pipe) which has a slight taper.  1/8 NPT (Nominal Pipe Thread) is common in the US but NPT is straight. Will work with some Teflon tape but would be better with an actual 1/8 BSP to 1/4 NPT fitting.   Note these are nominal sizes, they're not really 1/4" or 1/8" although we often call them that.