Model Cars Magazine Forum

Zip Ties

I make zip ties using monofilament fishing line. Clover House also makes (made?--are they still around?) nylon monofilament in black, in a couple of different diameters. I begin by heating one end of the line, until it softens. Then, I flatten the resulting ball between my thumb and forefinger. Then, using a needle, I poke a hole in the middle of the flattened area. All that's left is to wrap the "tie" around whatever you're binding, push the free end through the hole, snug it down, and apply a small drop of cyanoacrylate, and trim the end. In this case, I used clear for the plug wires, and black on the fuel lines. They look better in real life, than they do in my photos!

FuelNyTies2.jpg

New Fuel Left Zip ties.jpg

New Fuel Front 2cr.jpg

36 minutes ago, Straightliner59 said:

I make zip ties using monofilament fishing line. Clover House also makes (made?--are they still around?) nylon monofilament in black, in a couple of different diameters. I begin by heating one end of the line, until it softens. Then, I flatten the resulting ball between my thumb and forefinger. Then, using a needle, I poke a hole in the middle of the flattened area. All that's left is to wrap the "tie" around whatever you're binding, push the free end through the hole, snug it down, and apply a small drop of cyanoacrylate, and trim the end. In this case, I used clear for the plug wires, and black on the fuel lines. They look better in real life, than they do in my photos!

FuelNyTies2.jpg

New Fuel Left Zip ties.jpg

New Fuel Front 2cr.jpg

Awesome idea thanks for sharing....