Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Finally!!!!!

I was searching for stuff to get ready to start airbrushing (FINALLY!!!!) and I ran across the infamous Evercoat!! Heres the website.... Their shipping is pretty high, so if anyone knows of another site that has cheaper shipping, POST IT HERE FOR EVERYONE TO SEE.....

http://www.tcpglobal.com/autobodydepot/ite...?itemno=FIB+408

HOPE THIS HELPS GUYS!!

Make a list of all those basic polyester spot putties and go to an auto paint retailer; they should have something that works and you won't have to pay exorbitant shipping. Evercoat is great, but so are other similar products, and some of their competitors are much cheaper. The main thing you want is the polyester/2 part glazing or spot putty. O'Reillys has Dynatron Putty Cote in a quart can for $15.99; Bill Geary swears by the stuff. You might prefer getting one of the tubes of putty rather than a can; since we use small quantities there's no need to take off a lid and stink up the whole house with the putty.

Make a list of all those basic polyester spot putties and go to an auto paint retailer; they should have something that works and you won't have to pay exorbitant shipping. Evercoat is great, but so are other similar products, and some of their competitors are much cheaper. The main thing you want is the polyester/2 part glazing or spot putty. O'Reillys has Dynatron Putty Cote in a quart can for $15.99; Bill Geary swears by the stuff. You might prefer getting one of the tubes of putty rather than a can; since we use small quantities there's no need to take off a lid and stink up the whole house with the putty.

O'Reillys- 45 miles away.

Dynatron Putty Cote- No Where to be found in my area.

Auto paint retailer- Not in my lil' town.

And this doesn't just go for me, I've heard alot of guys say that they can't find any of the god stuff in their area either.

Hey there abedooley :P

If you go to www.evercoat.com, you'll find the manufacturers website with tons of info, including new products. They have a "Contact Us" link, where you can email them and ask about supplier loctions closest to you, and also ask if they would be willing to sell to you direct.

Good luck - Dave :lol:

Another source is the Eastwood Company. Look here:

http://www.eastwoodco.com/jump.jsp?itemID=...temType=PRODUCT

I didn't think about looking on those sites until someone posted Summit racing. Thanks Bill....

Hey there abedooley :(

If you go to www.evercoat.com, you'll find the manufacturers website with tons of info, including new products. They have a "Contact Us" link, where you can email them and ask about supplier loctions closest to you, and also ask if they would be willing to sell to you direct.

Good luck - Dave :lol:

NOW THAT IS A GREAT IDEA!!!! DOING......THAT......RIGHT......NOW.

I was searching for stuff to get ready to start airbrushing (FINALLY!!!!) and I ran across the infamous Evercoat!! Heres the website.... Their shipping is pretty high, so if anyone knows of another site that has cheaper shipping, POST IT HERE FOR EVERYONE TO SEE.....

HOPE THIS HELPS GUYS!!

My Brother runs a local NAPA store he carries it, try your local NAPA

tcpglobal is a great site with great stuff. The are near me in san diego and since my dad is in the body repair buissness he can order the stuff if i need it like putty paint respirator masks and so on. Great selection too.

IM JEALOUS!!!!! :angry: The only thing I have within 45 miles is Hobby Lobby... B) It SUCKS living out here in Indiana!!! They think we don't love cars as much as, say, California and so on!! ITS NOT ALL CORN IN INDIANA DA*% IT!!!!!

I checked my local Napa and they don't carry it either!!!! My next move I will make sure there are plenty of hobby shops and automotive stores within 5 to 10 miles of my home!!!!

almost any paint jobber can get evercoat, or the generic thereof. my problem is my jobber has 6 types so i have no idea what to use though i ve been given several opinions. I havent ventured for it yet, maybe next model, as this current project is finishing up my supply of white modeling putty. from the big tub, to using putty glaze icing as its thinner...

my local supplier wont drop ship UPS or USPS, as its too costly, plus then need to mark as a hazardous material, and cost skyrockets. look in phone book for local auto paint jobber

advanced auto, and other chains dont do it

bill in ny

HOPE THIS HELPS GUYS!!