Model Cars Magazine Forum

I hope I did this right.

UnderneathBlueThunder.jpg

Here's your pic............drop the %7Boption%7D tags from your Photobucket URL if you're using the image button on your text box. It includes them for you.

Nice job! Like the overspray! :lol:

Thank you. I used regular spray cans to do it. I sprayed the chassis primer and tried to paint the over spray with the tamiya paint can but too much of it sprayed all over the chassis, so I took the primer and sprayed that really close to the center of the chassis in real fast strokes to try to achieve the effect the best I could. Thanks for helping me on how to post pics, it's actually easy.

Thank you. I used regular spray cans to do it. I sprayed the chassis primer and tried to paint the over spray with the tamiya paint can but too much of it sprayed all over the chassis, so I took the primer and sprayed that really close to the center of the chassis in real fast strokes to try to achieve the effect the best I could. Thanks for helping me on how to post pics, it's actually easy.

I cut of the original muffler from the exhaust system and used the back half of an exhaust from a Boss 429 Mustang, and connected that to the original front half of the exhaust shraight from the resonators. I painted them red to make them look like cherry bomb mufflers.

I like it!!! Clean & smooth.

A comment here: We're an amazingly eclectic bunch of builders here, from the unknown, (& some prefer it that way), to yes, contest winners. Regardless, we don't worry about who enters contests, wins contests, etc. Now someone may post a pic of a contest winner of their's & that's fine too, but that's not what the forum is about. This forum is for getting together & sharing a common interest, model cars. You don't have to worry about your work being "contest worthy" or "good enough". Do you like model cars? Do you like to hang out with a bunch of people that also like model cars, (even if some of us, especially myself, are crazy!!! :P:lol: )? If so then you've found a home! ;)

:lol:

We're not crazy; we're eccentric. ;)

Nice looking Mustang.

I like it!!! Clean & smooth.

A comment here: We're an amazingly eclectic bunch of builders here, from the unknown, (& some prefer it that way), to yes, contest winners. Regardless, we don't worry about who enters contests, wins contests, etc. Now someone may post a pic of a contest winner of their's & that's fine too, but that's not what the forum is about. This forum is for getting together & sharing a common interest, model cars. You don't have to worry about your work being "contest worthy" or "good enough". Do you like model cars? Do you like to hang out with a bunch of people that also like model cars, (even if some of us, especially myself, are crazy!!! ;):lol: )? If so then you've found a home! :P

:lol:

Thanks. I also love Lionel trains too. But, model cars was my first hobby.

Looks great to me! You got nothing to worry about and as long as you enjoy building model cars, keep up the good work! :lol: You can't do wrong with a Mustang! :D

Mee crazy?? Nahhhh, just slightly underdeveloped & a weee bit of insane, the rest of me will grow up soon or never! ( hopefully, never!) :D

~ Jeff

I like it ,But are the traction bars on backwards?. :lol:

Gabriel.

Ditto to what Mark said.

It'll never win a contest? So what!

Not all of us can build "contest quality" models. But no matter what level your skills are currently at, this is the place to share your work. There are a lot of really talented builders here, but there are also a lot of "regular guys" too. We're all one big family. Skill level isn't important. What's important is that we all share a common interest! :lol:

Great Looking Stang, got to say that you'll need a pair of wheelie bars, or you'll just scrape the heck out of that shiney chrome rear bumper :(

darkside.jpg

Come to the darkside, we have cookies!!! :(:(

:(

DUDE I AM SO THERE!!! WHERE DO I SIGN??? I'll be the first to say it!! CALLING DIBS on the Peanut Butter and Thin Mints!!! :( Hey back off and get your own, the first 20 cases are mine :(

Wait, what kind of signing bonuses do I get for referals :(

Edited by Dragon7665

very nice

i have one of those sitting on the self (as im sure many of us do) and it is always nice to see someone elses take on it

love the cherry bombs

just one qeustion, why yellow leaves ?

and im not crazy, im a fundementalist: im both fun and mental

I painted them yellow to break up the monotonous look of the chassis. I don't know I just liked how it looked.

I painted them yellow to break up the monotonous look of the chassis. I don't know I just liked how it looked.

fair enough, i was just wondering if it ment something i was unawares of (never worked on a 1:1 muscle before)

thats kool though, its always good to ad a few personal touches

I like it ,But are the traction bars on backwards?. :(

Gabriel.

Well, those traction bars came off of a Ford Fairlane Thunderbolt, yes they are mounted backwards. But I think they look better that way because I can see them "jut" out from underneath the car, and it looks beefier to me.

Great Looking Stang, got to say that you'll need a pair of wheelie bars, or you'll just scrape the heck out of that shiney chrome rear bumper :lol:

DUDE I AM SO THERE!!! WHERE DO I SIGN??? I'll be the first to say it!! CALLING DIBS on the Peanut Butter and Thin Mints!!! B) Hey back off and get your own, the first 20 cases are mine ;)

Wait, what kind of signing bonuses do I get for referals ;)

Thanks, but I think I would worry about the chrome tailpipes first.