Model Cars Magazine Forum

Just got these today...

Definitely the wagon! That would be a natural for the '53 kit..........the other one (a '57 Scotsman?) would be nice though too!

They look like terrific castings!...............Got any plans for a '58 Packard Hawk? ;)

That's what I was thinking too, Bill. I like the wagon myself and was really lucky to come across this pair. I believe the masters for both of these came from a certain wizard in Finland. The guy I got them from has a 54 Conestoga he claims was the 1:1 used for the master. I'm (hopefully) getting some photos of it for the builders guide sheets.

The other one is a 56 Commander. I know you've seen the original painted in an authentic Stude two-tone green combo at shows out your way. Both of these have a chassis of the proper wheelbase included.

As for a 58 Packard Hawk, I'm afraid it's been years since I've had the eyes and hands for that. If someone came up with a master I'd be happy to have it cast though. Would you settle for a lesser 56 Hawk...Flight, Power or Sky, perhaps?

Jerry,

Way too cool! Are more available? Who is casting them? 'Studieous' minds want to know!! :)

Not yet, but they will be starting with the 54 Conestoga. It'll come with one of my color & detail guides listing all solid and two-tones taken from an original Studebaker color guide, interior colors and photos from an original dealers binder and gobs of other photos...figure at least 4 pages and maybe 6. I try to use large pictures since many of us are way past needing bifocals.

For those of you who asked how the 56 Studebaker President Classic was made...this is straight from the horses mouth. I thought you might be interested.

Jerry

The '56 President Classic Model began life as an old Revell '56 Chevy 2Dr Sedan (Box Art was a Green Chevy with chrome wheels) ........anyway, we started sawing, re-shaping, adding door lines, and of course all the side trim,(boy was that a job) headlight eyebrows, etc.....grill assy., tail lights, hood ornament all carved spruce. Interior is modified from a Jo-Han Lark with correction for the dash, including the famous cyclops speed odmeter which set on top the dash in front of the driver. I used the same paint, from when the Full Size '56 was painted, filled into some spray cans and shot it on the model.......I believe that is best color for the '56 President Classic,.... Doe Skin & Mocha. The car was built, gosh ........probably 16-18 years ago, and as I said......if I were doing it again I would do a few things a little different............wished I would have had the '56 Commander kit back then, it would have been a lot easier............thanks, Pat

Edited by JerryK