Model Cars Magazine Forum

On 10/16/2019 at 5:22 PM, Tom Geiger said:

image.png.44807eb2f746989b225bb0b1f87e7d10.png

Hey Bill!  A funny thing... I went to the last NNL in Toledo this past weekend.  And look what I pulled out of a junk box!   I will most likely use your bed sides for my Steinbeck truck project,  I'll save this box for another build!    Note the rest of the body is trashed. Custom hood is okay but someone cut the doors out poorly, the door is way small in the opening!  

I know exactly whose junk box that came from....Mine!! I can remember starting and working on this project back asmetricly styled things were the hot ticket in purpose built show cars on the ISCA circuit in the Carl Casper era. Glad it landed on it's wheels and is being useful again.

16 hours ago, misterNNL said:

I know exactly whose junk box that came from....Mine!! I can remember starting and working on this project back asmetricly styled things were the hot ticket in purpose built show cars on the ISCA circuit in the Carl Casper era. Glad it landed on it's wheels and is being useful again.

Ha! Yes, I bought it from your junk box at the final NNL! 

Many years ago someone tried to trade me a black Volare.. I instantly recognized it as one I gave away to another guy years before!

5 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

Ha! Yes, I bought it from your junk box at the final NNL! 

Many years ago someone tried to trade me a black Volare.. I instantly recognized it as one I gave away to another guy years before!

what I recognized first was that gold primer I sprayed on it way back in the day. That is without a doubt AMT gold rattle can primer. I actually still have that old can as part of my collection of nostalgic stuff from my early days of building models.