Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Vallejo Acrylic Surface Primer

Good Morning. Does Vallejo surface primer require a mixture of their airbrush thinner for application ? Instructions on thinner bottle state 1-2 drops of thinner to 10 drops of paint .

Nothing mentioned on surface primer bottle regarding use of thinner .

Thanks.

Robert.

I'm not qualified to speak on Vallejo primer but all the comparison tests and reviews lead me to Stynylrez instead and I'm glad for it, been using it nearly exclusively for two years now with no fails. Stynylrez is very good primer. I believe though that Vallejo needs no thinning as I recall, someone more familiar with it can confirm that hopefully.

Edited by Dave G.

Had very bad experiences with the gloss black Metal Color primer, did try the standard primer as an experiment. Seemed to work OK but am a little gunshy about trying it on a real build. The Badger Stynylrez does get good reviews, did buy some but haven't used it on a build yet. I did thin the primer, didn't spray well. Manufacturer says you can spray these paints out of the bottle, I've always found the need to thin. Used the Vallejo thinner. Lots of great tutorials here.  https://acrylicosvallejo.com/en/hobby-videos/    

Don