Model Cars Magazine Forum

Saw “Ford vs. Ferrari”

ToyLvr

2 hours ago, MININORTHFORDMAN said:

i saw the movie twice it has become one of my favorite movies my grandpa bought a GT-40 Replica like 2 years before i was born and my dad built a factory 5 cobra we still have both

Very Cool. You are a lucky guy.

Mike

I SHOULD be super excited about a film like that... BUT I have no desire whatsoever to see it... I dislike modern movies with all their digital "special effects" and annoying acting... if it were filmed in the 1960s-70s I'd be more likely to see it.  (what can I say... I am ultra-picky)... 

1 hour ago, Nells250 said:

I SHOULD be super excited about a film like that... BUT I have no desire whatsoever to see it... I dislike modern movies with all their digital "special effects" and annoying acting... if it were filmed in the 1960s-70s I'd be more likely to see it.  (what can I say... I am ultra-picky)... 

Talk about “cutting off your nose to spite your face”... I’d bet you couldn’t tell which special effects in the movie are digital, and as for the acting, well, Christian Bale and Matt Damon are the equals of Messrs Newman, McQueen and Eastwood, I’d say...

best,

M.

I can tell... trust me...  I want to see and hear REAL cars, not a computer game... 

As for acting abilities, Steve McQueen wasn't the world's best actor, he was just perfect for the roles he played.  Same with Eastwood.  ("Le Mans" was actually a pretty boring flick...) Now, James Garner, he was a far better actor and also did a film with actual racing footage, "Grand Prix".  He was also FAR better looking... 

By the way, are you telling me I am not allowed to have a dissenting opinion?  Because if I want to be harassed I'll head on over to Facebook... 

large_grand_prix_blu-ray_5.jpg

9 minutes ago, Nells250 said:

He was also FAR better looking... 

By the way, are you telling me I am not allowed to have a dissenting opinion?

Have you ever seen a picture of the real Ken Miles? “Better looking” is not a selection criterion...

And no, I’m not telling you you’re not allowed to have a dissenting opinion... I’m disagreeing with you. This is a “discussion forum,” after all...

beat,

M.

1 hour ago, Nells250 said:

I can tell... trust me...  I want to see and hear REAL cars, not a computer game... 

As for acting abilities, Steve McQueen wasn't the world's best actor, he was just perfect for the roles he played.  Same with Eastwood.  ("Le Mans" was actually a pretty boring flick...) Now, James Garner, he was a far better actor and also did a film with actual racing footage, "Grand Prix".  He was also FAR better looking... 

By the way, are you telling me I am not allowed to have a dissenting opinion?  Because if I want to be harassed I'll head on over to Facebook... 

large_grand_prix_blu-ray_5.jpg

I think you have a right not to go see it but no right to critique it without seeing it.

Your loss.

Loved it and will likely go see it again and buy the DVD.

IMHO

I have not seen it yet but some guys in my racing club did and were able to pay a few extra dollars to get 'movable seats' that moved with the film and drivers and cars...they said it was worth it!

A few weeks ago I watched the docudrama 'The 24 Hour War' on Netflix about the same theme, Ford vs Ferrari, about LeMans and some endurance racing added in. It was done more as a documentary with interviews with real racers and builders. It was very good, although a little sad when they showed the Mercedes accident at LeMans, some real crashes, talked about '1 in 4' drivers in the 60 had a serious crash. Watch this and the movie and compare the two.