Model Cars Magazine Forum

Whats In The Box Revell Land Rover Series III LWB

martinfan5

Video and photos of the new Land Rover Series III kit, let me say, I am impressed with the kit so far, everything looks really good.

And the photos, please note, these are still's from the video, so the quality is lacking and they are not color corrected like in the video.

LR16-vi.jpg

LR2-vi.jpg

LR3-vi.jpg

LR4-vi.jpg

LR5-vi.jpg

LR6-vi.jpg

LR8-vi.jpg

LR17-vi.jpg

LR18-vi.jpg

LR20-vi.jpg

Edited by martinfan5

23 hours ago, alexis said:

So, how soon before there there is a Resin Hood with a Spare Tire dimple? Kit looks awesome.

That should be and easy one, if the old ESCI tool (reissued by Italeri) has the same dimensions one could cut the hood from that body and someone could quite easily make a resin copy of that.
Here is a picture of mine (I never finished that one)
DSC02936.jpg

• 5 months later...

I just bought one of these and what really amazed me is the instruction book. 28 page, magazine sized color book on how to build this. This allowed them to have a separate step just to make it clear which holes need to be drilled depending on what parts you will be using. Looking through it I liked how clear and specific the assembly steps are. Definitely high point in an already very impressive kit.

The other thing I love about it is it's a fully detailed Land Rover that isn't as expensive as the only monogram issue. My plan is to build mine as a tow vehicle for a racing Mini Cooper.

Edited by Darin Bastedo

2 hours ago, Darin Bastedo said:

I just bought one of these and what really amazed me is the instruction book. 28 page, magazine sized color book on how to build this. This allowed them to have a separate step just to make it clear which holes need to be drilled depending on what parts you will be using. Looking through it I liked how clear and specific the assembly steps are. Definitely high point in an already very impressive kit.

The other thing I love about it is it's a fully detailed Land Rover that isn't as expensive as the only monogram issue. My plan is to build mine as a tow vehicle for a racing Mini Cooper.

Just be careful with the RHD and LHD options, in some sections they have them reversed and some parts shouldn't be used, like the transmission tunnel marked  LHD, throw that part away, Land Rover never made a LHD gearbox set up.