Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 1964 Buixk Wildcat Convertible

RDean58

Great looking paint finish and color. You're mentioning more clear coats. The few models I have painted using a Pearl paint or Pearl Clear I have found just didn't have the same deep glossy appearance of a straight color or metallic finish. They were perfectly smooth but they just reflect the light differently. Just a thought.   

Some updates on this one. I shot some more clear over it and it came out shiny. Here are more in progress shots.

AMT_1964_Buick_Wildcat_06.jpg

AMT_1964_Buick_Wildcat_07.jpg

The engine is using the twin 4bbl intake and air cleaner from the AMT 66 Wildcat.

AMT_1964_Buick_Wildcat_08.jpg

Buick road wheels from AMT 66 Wildcat, still have to paint the centers. Previous owner installed the skirts and I did not want to try and remove them. So, there they are.

AMT_1964_Buick_Wildcat_09.jpg

AMT_1964_Buick_Wildcat_10.jpg

AMT_1964_Buick_Wildcat_11.jpg

The body is not perfect, you can see some scratches and gouges in it. I decided I did not want to try and fix it.

AMT_1964_Buick_Wildcat_12.jpg

Worse part of the body is the passenger fender. But, it looks pretty good from a foot or two away.

More later.