Model Cars Magazine Forum

BRBO International Pro Star w/Race Trailer...

Well... I finally got the tractor built up.... It only took a couple weeks to finish from where I had stalled...

As always, this thing looks WAY better with an extended frame... Now there's actually room for a trailer... Which is up next... 

SAM_8886.JPG

SAM_8887.JPG

Made the fifth wheel pivot back and forth with a couple of screws...

SAM_8896.JPG

Added side skirts, as well....

SAM_8891.JPG

SAM_8899.JPG

I opened up the roof, again...

SAM_8914.JPG

SAM_8909.JPG

A dog along for the ride...

#######20200916_090513.jpg

SAM_8884.JPG

#######20200916_093629.jpg

A shot of the trailer sides ready for some more work...

#######20200911_160340.jpg

SAM_8905.JPG

Edited by kilrathy10

3 hours ago, Aerodyne03 said:

Beautiful work !! ??, Fantastic color !! ???, I wait for the trailer, I also have this truck with the respective 53 "trailer I don't find the courage to start it because here in Italy it is rare, especially with Moebius and non-revell packaging

Thanks, Bud... I appreciate that...

I hope you get the nerve to build it... It really is a good kit, despite the frame's short length... Very nice fits... No flash... Even the mirrors mounted onto the cab without glue...(Big advantage)... It should be extended at least 1/2 an inch or maybe 15mm or so to look like the 1:1's on the road...

This is what most of them look like....

########20200916_143054.jpg

4 hours ago, Aerodyne03 said:

However I have seen a lot of photos of this truck and also in my opinion the chassis is a bit short?? I really like how you changed the rear light panel...?? Plasticard and bare metal ??

Thanks, Bud... Yep... Just some flat plastic and foil along with self adhesive jewels I found at the dollar store... 

I've gotten the trailer exterior built and painted, as well....

I got the trailer exterior built up and painted...(For the most part, anyway) I plan to do something to tie in the blue frame on the truck...

Here's how it looks at present.... I actually, decided to use an unfinished trailer that I had built, before... It was for someone else, but I had messed up the over all profile for trailer I was supposed to build... And, since I'm already WAY behind schedule.....

And, I think this will be the last post, here before I send it over to "Under Glass"... 

Thanks, Guys for checking this project out....

#######20200917_151310.jpg

#######20200917_151335.jpg

#######20200917_151222.jpg

What is looked like just yesterday morning....

#######20200917_091941.jpg

I'll get to the interior sometime in the near future.... Kinda run out of gas on this one... Just wanna do something else in the meantime till I get some more motivation/inspiration.....

#######20200917_092133.jpg

Edited by kilrathy10

• 2 weeks later...