Model Cars Magazine Forum

Model engine machining help?

You've posted this query for the 3rd time in 3 days.  Anyone else responding to this thread is simply wasting their time in my estimation even though you had multiple replies and suggestions (including my own) before.  You should go do  your own homework and stop wasting peoples time here.   Tim

Not to be the enabler but... I would suggest perhaps going to a library and getting some books on the subject, and or looking for youtube videos.... and it also never hurts to go to a local machine shop and ask some questions.

Also, sometimes certain vocational schools have classes/programs you can pay to attend on various subjects such as machining.

Go to a local high school that has a machining class (mine did) and ask if you could sit in and pick the instructors brain... if you don't have anything requiring you to not be around children, I don't see why they would refuse.

The other option is to get the tools and EXPERIMENT.... practice makes perfect and you have to start somewhere.

Also, check out watch makers... they do some mind blowing work that is very applicable here.

Not trying to be harsh or rude but wasting time here asking the same questions over and over is not helping you achieve your goal.

16 hours ago, LL3 Model Worx said:

Not to be the enabler but... I would suggest perhaps going to a library and getting some books on the subject, and or looking for youtube videos.... and it also never hurts to go to a local machine shop and ask some questions.

Also, sometimes certain vocational schools have classes/programs you can pay to attend on various subjects such as machining.

Go to a local high school that has a machining class (mine did) and ask if you could sit in and pick the instructors brain... if you don't have anything requiring you to not be around children, I don't see why they would refuse.

The other option is to get the tools and EXPERIMENT.... practice makes perfect and you have to start somewhere.

Also, check out watch makers... they do some mind blowing work that is very applicable here.

Not trying to be harsh or rude but wasting time here asking the same questions over and over is not helping you achieve your goal.

This is the first time I have asked this question???? I don’t understand?

18 hours ago, Codi said:

You've posted this query for the 3rd time in 3 days.

16 hours ago, LL3 Model Worx said:

20 minutes ago, 2zwudz said:

This is the first time I have asked this question???? I don’t understand?

Most esteemed dudes, you're unfairly jumping on Mark. His only other posts remotely related to this thread was about recommendations for a desktop milling machine. He made one passing reference to machining engine parts for his models and never asked anything about where can he find information as to how it is done.

9 minutes ago, 2zwudz said:

Thank you sir! I am a new comer and I’m just wanting to be a part of the group. I don’t understand the remarks that were made???

I wasn't trying to be a jerk... I had no frame of reference to this situation other than the post from Codi...

That's why I was still trying to be as helpful as I could.

Sorry if I came off wrong man, not my intention.

Welcome to the forum lol!!

5 minutes ago, LL3 Model Worx said:

I wasn't trying to be a jerk... I had no frame of reference to this situation other than the post from Codi...

That's why I was still trying to be as helpful as I could.

Sorry if I came off wrong man, not my intention.

Welcome to the forum lol!!

Thank you. I’m just wanting to ask questions and learn. I don’t mean any harm to anyone. I am very interested in the machining of these parts and love seeing how guys are doing it. 

21 minutes ago, 2zwudz said:

Thank you. I’m just wanting to ask questions and learn. I don’t mean any harm to anyone. I am very interested in the machining of these parts and love seeing how guys are doing it. 

I certainly understand. I personally do not have any real experience machining parts this small... I do some 1:1 machining but that's about it and not really the same in most cases.

The advice I gave you is really the best I've got to offer unfortunately.

I still think there is probably something to be said for watch/clock makers... and I'm certain there are plenty of books on that subject. They may actually help you along with some fundamentals?

Outside of all that, I think the best bet is getting in contact with the folks who sell the make and sell the equipment... they may have more pertinent information as to where to look or who to talk to?

Thats what I would do.