Model Cars Magazine Forum

'40 Willys coupe gasser (AMT, Round 2)

Roadrunner

Now I'm starting to get annoyed. I just discovered this push bar, a nice alternative to the other funky ones that are provided in the kit, after I just today filled in the slots where the other pair gets mounted. This is clearly my own fault, but still very frustrating.

wIZLxW.jpg

2 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

I was wondering what the four holes in the floor are for, then discovered two are for a roll bar, so I've now installed that. I have no idea what the other two holes are for.

They are for the driveshaft hoop that installs to the bottom of the interior tub.

8 minutes ago, VW93 said:

They are for the driveshaft hoop that installs to the bottom of the interior tub.

Excellent, you're absolutely correct. I'll still go ahead and fill them in though, as I don't want to see them from up top. Thanks a bunch. (I probably need to start paying more attention to the instructions, such as they are.)

19 minutes ago, mustang1989 said:

I can feel your pain Kevin. Hang in there with it bro. It aint about the mistakes......it's all about the recoveries!! 

I seem to be dealing with a lot of those, Joe; just comes from building 60 year old car models, I guess. And it certainly doesn't help that I fail to see things in the instructions until after the fact.

4 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

I seem to be dealing with a lot of those, Joe; just comes from building 60 year old car models, I guess. And it certainly doesn't help that I fail to see things in the instructions until after the fact.

For a while I was building older models myself.....what am I talking about....I still am!! In any case I'm wondering if we like punishing ourselves or if we are truly in it to challenge ourselves as modelers. If we can build this kind of stuff and pull it off then these newer models should be a cinch!!! sorry%20bout%20dat_zps1nny96hw.gif

2 minutes ago, mustang1989 said:

For a while I was building older models myself.....what am I talking about....I still am!! In any case I'm wondering if we like punishing ourselves or if we are truly in it to challenge ourselves as modelers. If we can build this kind of stuff and pull it off then these newer models should be a cinch!!! sorry%20bout%20dat_zps1nny96hw.gif

I recall that when I was a kid, none of this really mattered to me (accuracy and whatnot). I didn't know the difference anyway, so rather blissfully built whatever was in the box. How I sometimes long for those simpler days.