Model Cars Magazine Forum

11 hours ago, MrObsessive said:

Thanks much for the heads up Bruce! Particularly engine/engine bay items I'd be interested in. Do you know if there will be separate bits and pieces for that and not just the whole set? I may call or drop Paul a line and ask him about that. Yeah, the price is kinda steep, but this will be another one of those "If you can get it, BUY it" deals. ;)

We all know how when something ends up discontinued, it very quickly ends up becoming unobtainium for those that wanted it.

BTW, I found out via a newsletter that Agora is coming out with their '61 Jag E-Type convertible in September. BUT.............I did break down and get that 1/8 Shelby COBRA! Got the first four packs just a couple days ago. :D

A thread coming up on that one in the not too distant future!

Hello Bill, yes Paul will sell separately. Absolutely call him. Mark says he is a great person to talk to. Oh boy, wallets getting a lot lighter. 

• 8 months later...

Bruce, I wonder if part of the hold-up in getting parts has a lot to do with DeAgostini "reorganizing"? I see that pack #20 is on the site as far as the PDF, but I've not received it yet. Of course, with the supply chain issues with the cargo ships, that's not helping matters either.

Actually, I have packs #16-19 to do yet...........so many models and not enough hours in the day! :D

I sure hope they don't pull an "Eaglemoss" and stop delivering parts altogether.

BTW, I haven't forgotten about taking and posting decent pics of the finished 1/8 Cobra.....been way busy before the holiday, during, and now I'm back to work.

10 hours ago, MrObsessive said:

Bruce, I wonder if part of the hold-up in getting parts has a lot to do with DeAgostini "reorganizing"? I see that pack #20 is on the site as far as the PDF, but I've not received it yet. Of course, with the supply chain issues with the cargo ships, that's not helping matters either.

Actually, I have packs #16-19 to do yet...........so many models and not enough hours in the day! :D

I sure hope they don't pull an "Eaglemoss" and stop delivering parts altogether.

BTW, I haven't forgotten about taking and posting decent pics of the finished 1/8 Cobra.....been way busy before the holiday, during, and now I'm back to work.

Hello Bill!!! Hope your thanksgiving was great. Me too with the holidays and such. Mark is giving me pack 46 thru 86. There was so much time in between packs I kind of put it on the back burner. We will get them , like everything else,  materials are slower and harder to come by. Cannot wait for your cobra to be posted! Mark has a aftermarket company making detail sets for the ford GT. And boy are they expensive! If you are interested I can get the info for you. These big kits are really cool but I need to build a custom cabinet for them. 

Thanks for the heads up Bruce! I'm pretty much building the GT40 out of the box except for some paint changes as far as the insides of the doors and such. Other changes I've made is I've stripped the wheels of the aluminum paint, and shined up the bare metal so it looks more like chrome.

For the time being I shelved mine since like you, parts were few and far between, and I wanted to zero in more on the Cobra getting done. Agora is now sending me parts for the '61 Jaguar as I've gotten two packs so far.......I had paid ahead of time for four packs, but I want to focus more on the smaller scale stuff for the foreseeable future. With GSL coming up in about a year and a half, I do have something in particular I will be making specifically for that show. ;)

I'm keeping mum about it for now........when I get started on it before the middle of next year (possibly within a couple months), it'll definitely have a running thread.

..........and it'll be 1/25 scale. :D

The same here when it comes to space-----I'll no doubt be building more shelves/bookcases for future large scale models. There'll be a point though where I'll have to stop building them as I'll simply have no more room to put 'em!

On 12/2/2021 at 7:39 AM, MrObsessive said:

Thanks for the heads up Bruce! I'm pretty much building the GT40 out of the box except for some paint changes as far as the insides of the doors and such. Other changes I've made is I've stripped the wheels of the aluminum paint, and shined up the bare metal so it looks more like chrome.

For the time being I shelved mine since like you, parts were few and far between, and I wanted to zero in more on the Cobra getting done. Agora is now sending me parts for the '61 Jaguar as I've gotten two packs so far.......I had paid ahead of time for four packs, but I want to focus more on the smaller scale stuff for the foreseeable future. With GSL coming up in about a year and a half, I do have something in particular I will be making specifically for that show. ;)

I'm keeping mum about it for now........when I get started on it before the middle of next year (possibly within a couple months), it'll definitely have a running thread.

..........and it'll be 1/25 scale. :D

The same here when it comes to space-----I'll no doubt be building more shelves/bookcases for future large scale models. There'll be a point though where I'll have to stop building them as I'll simply have no more room to put 'em!

Hello Bill, send me a PM and I will give you Marks e-mail address. I talked to him about the ford GT parts hang up. We talked and he is willing to e- mail you personally. This way you will have a direct connection to DeAgostini. He has connections all over the world. And many big scale connections. Agora being one of them. I saw a 1/8 Ferrari GTO. From some company in Italy, one of his many connections around the world. You guys will get along great. 

• 1 month later...

Hello all , it’s been awhile for a update. Just received a few packs from model space on the ford GT. I’ll going  to have to locate all of my ford GT stuff. I’ll have to change the seat belts to the black ones. The kit has seatbelts that are not even made in 1968 or 69. I told Mark that a few months ago that the seat belts were a later seat belt, maybe after a restoration but not period correct. So he dropped off these for the build. Have to redo the belts. Well here we go. 

42D3C47B-9D8C-49AB-9F6D-32027DC3C710.jpeg

9B3C4688-9C91-43BC-865C-6621C27846B8.jpeg

On 12/8/2021 at 7:01 AM, Brudda said:

Hello Bill, send me a PM and I will give you Marks e-mail address. I talked to him about the ford GT parts hang up. We talked and he is willing to e- mail you personally. This way you will have a direct connection to DeAgostini. He has connections all over the world. And many big scale connections. Agora being one of them. I saw a 1/8 Ferrari GTO. From some company in Italy, one of his many connections around the world. You guys will get along great. 

Hello Bill, I have received packs 12-19. Have you received anything lately? If not contact Mark and he can get the ball rolling again for you. 

1 hour ago, Brudda said:

Hello Bill, I have received packs 12-19. Have you received anything lately? If not contact Mark and he can get the ball rolling again for you. 

Hi Bruce, I got packs 16-19 a while back. It's 20 and 21 I'm still waiting for. One day about a week ago, I called someone at DeAgostini and a nice lady (Sophie) had told me that they were told those parts should be going out in the next couple weeks.

The PDF instructions are on the site, so it should stand to reason that the parts should be out and about not long after.

BTW, I asked her about the K.I.T.T 1/8 scale model from Fanhome. She told me that they are getting a LOT of calls about that model! She said that DeAgostini owns Fanhome (I didn't know that), and to keep checking on their site as it will be in the US market in the not too distant future. Right now, only Europe seems to have it which is interesting.

I did come across the 1/8 Ferrari 250 GTO you were talking about...............WOW!! I have to think about that one as I already have MFH's 1/12 one which I have yet to touch. ;) 

5 hours ago, MrObsessive said:

Hi Bruce, I got packs 16-19 a while back. It's 20 and 21 I'm still waiting for. One day about a week ago, I called someone at DeAgostini and a nice lady (Sophie) had told me that they were told those parts should be going out in the next couple weeks.

The PDF instructions are on the site, so it should stand to reason that the parts should be out and about not long after.

BTW, I asked her about the K.I.T.T 1/8 scale model from Fanhome. She told me that they are getting a LOT of calls about that model! She said that DeAgostini owns Fanhome (I didn't know that), and to keep checking on their site as it will be in the US market in the not too distant future. Right now, only Europe seems to have it which is interesting.

I did come across the 1/8 Ferrari 250 GTO you were talking about...............WOW!! I have to think about that one as I already have MFH's 1/12 one which I have yet to touch. ;) 

Hello Bill, cool your up to date. Mine was a little behind. Hope to see packs 20 and 21 soon. Doing the 427 cobra now. Changing it up a little. Just painted the wheels. Here is a pic of what I am kind of shooting for. 

471D70BC-2F6C-4C2F-9D6D-1ED94DAAF621.jpeg

2D51D6A3-B3DB-42B0-9A5B-980BF351F3C5.jpeg

DF77C4FB-A7B0-44E8-8E76-C4D859647FBA.jpeg

4A11098A-492D-4DDB-A5AE-CDB9BDE694E8.jpeg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/16/2020 at 5:02 AM, MrObsessive said:

DeAgostini is REALLY killing me as I keep seeing the ads for this model on the board here. I've yet to keep going on the 1/8 '67 Shelby since I moved, and then there's the Eaglemoss 1/8 Mercedes 300SL which I'm just drooling over!

My biggest issue right now is space. My new place has a basement, but ever since my last place got flooded years ago, I worry about flooding now as I'm literally right against the river. So I put nothing of value down there just in case. I have a third floor, but the ceiling up there is VERY low which can be a dangerous thing for tall guys like myself. ;)

For those of you who've gotten their kits before, over time there will end up being a LOT of boxes before it's all said and done. If you're a slow builder like I am, those boxes can stack up mighty fast!

AAAAAH!!! ANOTHER one of my favorites!! WHEN?? Is this the '67 car or the new one?? Looks like this year the bank account is gonna be mighty empty! :D 

Hello Bill. The ford GT is pretty cool. I have packs to 19. Are you still waiting for 20?. I guess I’m waiting for some missing packs from agora. I must have misplaced them. So many big kits it’s getting crazy. I will be getting the Porsche 911 Carrera. Building it for Darin. The big wig at DeAgostini. Let you know how that’s going to go. 

30 minutes ago, Brudda said:

Hello Bill. The ford GT is pretty cool. I have packs to 19. Are you still waiting for 20?. I guess I’m waiting for some missing packs from agora. I must have misplaced them. So many big kits it’s getting crazy. I will be getting the Porsche 911 Carrera. Building it for Darin. The big wig at DeAgostini. Let you know how that’s going to go. 

Bruce, I have through Pack #21 so far. I see they have the rest of the PDF instructions through #24 on the site, so I downloaded them to my hard disc. I see in those PDFs the rest of the body sections for it. I've still have yet to build I think #15 or #16? I've been so busy with other things that I've just been putting the boxes aside for now.

I haven't even started on the Jag yet and they're soon to send #7 on that! 😜

On 3/27/2022 at 8:36 PM, Brudda said:

Received packs 86 to 94 from my friend Mark.rear end complete. Oil coolers and lines connected. Added a few aftermarket decals to spice it up. Need just a few more body parts and it’s complete. 

693826B0-F721-48D5-A409-DB6A7D13DFFD.jpeg

38041025-6D9F-46F6-A1DA-667A8B72E024.jpeg

B0CE9CB7-9EAC-40F5-8D76-5B5EEDAF0305.jpeg

A3BA74F6-AC35-4E8D-8A2E-A7E21A0723A7.jpeg

2CA5E8C0-2AF7-4A0F-A93C-DD2277C8887E.jpeg

5BCA9202-8205-4450-B6FE-0A7A5B9CB7F2.jpeg

9F56A208-0DF9-457D-BBC0-2AC575165A67.jpeg

D9600EE7-45FD-4623-A19E-4AFFCD5B6D92.jpeg

C1267F9C-90A6-403D-802E-02C87653E025.jpeg

AA32E3D0-3759-4CFE-BE31-67CC698E015C.jpeg

397CE907-6F83-485B-B790-371286CFDC61.jpeg

448D33D1-B9AF-4543-813F-7B91F19CA81B.jpeg

94B69D6F-F9E7-48D7-916F-ADE0C130EE7A.jpeg

C3B83E93-7D63-4849-932B-7655C9A08F8F.jpeg

926F080E-70DE-455C-9A01-E6D30031DD8E.jpeg

Just now, Brudda said:

C1267F9C-90A6-403D-802E-02C87653E025.jpeg

AA32E3D0-3759-4CFE-BE31-67CC698E015C.jpeg

397CE907-6F83-485B-B790-371286CFDC61.jpeg

448D33D1-B9AF-4543-813F-7B91F19CA81B.jpeg

94B69D6F-F9E7-48D7-916F-ADE0C130EE7A.jpeg

C3B83E93-7D63-4849-932B-7655C9A08F8F.jpeg

926F080E-70DE-455C-9A01-E6D30031DD8E.jpeg

Front end parts, and center section. Fitting them. So far it’s good. This DeAgostini kit is pretty cool. Cannot wait for the other parts to arrive. This has been a long build. 2 years off and on. But it’s worth it. I now have a collection of 1/8 ford cars. Ford GT, Shelby supersnake and the cobra. The paint finish is pretty good. I have not even wiped it down. Has fingerprints all over it and it still looks good. This and the Miura are about the same as far as being a little more complex. But a great building experience. 

• Like 1